PCSX2-CE for Mac (Wineskin) Oct 2015 Guide
(08-24-2017, 02:04 AM)CK1 Wrote: We're not endorsing that guide just yet. I told the person that it needs further editing to be up to our standards and he can submit it here then. 

Even though it's been approved by the mods at /r/emulation, it doesn't meet our standards as it still promotes piracy

That's fine. I tried to edit my post and it tripped the spam filter again, please ignore it.

Sponsored links

The guide over at Reddit has removed the reference to downloading ROMs, it should be good for this site now.
Bios folder, Wintricks Command, and drive_c are unreadable files. If I open them it says the file is broken. I extracted it many times using different decompressing apps. Files still broken. Please help

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-19-2017, 03:00 PM)Chipp1975 Wrote: Bios folder, Wintricks Command, and drive_c are unreadable files. If I open them it says the file is broken. I extracted it many times using different decompressing apps. Files still broken. Please help

Use The Unarchiver
I've updated the guide to fix the issue with macOS High Sierra. 

Turning off Auto-select GPU info in the screen options of Wineskin does the trick. If it is selected, PCSX2 won't launch. 

(I also noticed that I neglected to mention in the guide that using the Mac driver is required, so I have added that step).
Hello,

I've followed through your guide a few times but there are still a few issues I'm seeing. I'm new to this program so I apologize if these questions have been answered elsewhere. I'm trying to run this on a MacBookPro with Sierra.

1. Attempting to follow this step: "Expand the dlls list and scroll down to d3dx9_36. Select and click Run. Allow the script to compete. (This will take a long time. Wait for it to say it's finished)." When I select d3dx9_36 and click run, I get the script below and after it runs, the dll is not checked as "installed." Is there another dll I should use or does this not need to show as "installed"? How do I fix this?

warning: taskset/cpuset not available on your platform!

------------------------------------------------------

Your version of wine 1.9.11 is no longer supported upstream. You should upgrade to 2.x

Using winetricks 20171222-next - sha256sum: 01ebb56d22f54467343700eedfe283d82a47e67bbb6c2d68b7da743f41bb78a3 with wine-1.9.11 and WINEARCH=win32

Executing w_do_call d3dx9_36

Executing load_d3dx9_36 

Executing cabextract -q -d /Users/strider/Desktop/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/PCSX2-CE.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/c:/windows/temp/_d3dx9_36 -L -F *d3dx9_36*x86* /Users/strider/.cache/winetricks/directx9/directx_Jun2010_redist.exe

Executing cabextract -q -d /Users/strider/Desktop/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/PCSX2-CE.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32 -L -F d3dx9_36.dll /Users/strider/Desktop/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/PCSX2-CE.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/c:/windows/temp/_d3dx9_36/*.cab

/Users/strider/Desktop/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/PCSX2-CE.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/c:/windows/temp/_d3dx9_36/*.cab: No such file or directory

Note: command cabextract -q -d /Users/strider/Desktop/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/PCSX2-CE.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32 -L -F d3dx9_36.dll /Users/strider/Desktop/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/PCSX2-CE.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/c:/windows/temp/_d3dx9_36/*.cab returned status 1. Aborting.

Winetricks Commands Finished!!

2. Not knowing if the d3dx9_36 worked as intended, I continued on and got to this step: 

"You are now ready to run the PCSX2-CE app. 

First time run: When you run it for the first time, a setup wizard will run. You need to choose your language, bios, and plugin settings."

I can't get PCSX2-CE to open. I go to the PCSX2-SE folder and see PCSX2-CE.app file, but when I click on it, nothing happens that I can tell. Am I supposed to run the app through Wineskin? The closest I can get is doing the "Test Run" in Wineskin, which brings up the PCSX2 First Time Configuration Screen, but that doesn't seem to be what the guide is recommending.

I'd appreciate your help with these questions. Thanks!
(12-26-2017, 10:25 AM)YoungGreedo Wrote: Hello,

I've followed through your guide a few times but there are still a few issues I'm seeing. I'm new to this program so I apologize if these questions have been answered elsewhere. I'm trying to run this on a MacBookPro with Sierra.

1. Attempting to follow this step: "Expand the dlls list and scroll down to d3dx9_36. Select and click Run. Allow the script to compete. (This will take a long time. Wait for it to say it's finished)." When I select d3dx9_36 and click run, I get the script below and after it runs, the dll is not checked as "installed." Is there another dll I should use or does this not need to show as "installed"? How do I fix this?

warning: taskset/cpuset not available on your platform!

Your version of wine 1.9.11 is no longer supported upstream. You should upgrade to 2.x

Using winetricks 20171222-next - sha256sum: 01ebb56d22f54467343700eedfe283d82a47e67bbb6c2d68b7da743f41bb78a3 with wine-1.9.11 and WINEARCH=win32

Executing w_do_call d3dx9_36

Executing load_d3dx9_36 

Executing cabextract -q -d /Users/strider/Desktop/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/PCSX2-CE.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/c:/windows/temp/_d3dx9_36 -L -F *d3dx9_36*x86* /Users/strider/.cache/winetricks/directx9/directx_Jun2010_redist.exe

Executing cabextract -q -d /Users/strider/Desktop/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/PCSX2-CE.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32 -L -F d3dx9_36.dll /Users/strider/Desktop/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/PCSX2-CE.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/c:/windows/temp/_d3dx9_36/*.cab

/Users/strider/Desktop/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/PCSX2-CE.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/c:/windows/temp/_d3dx9_36/*.cab: No such file or directory

Note: command cabextract -q -d /Users/strider/Desktop/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/PCSX2-CE.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32 -L -F d3dx9_36.dll /Users/strider/Desktop/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/PCSX2-CE.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/c:/windows/temp/_d3dx9_36/*.cab returned status 1. Aborting.

Winetricks Commands Finished!!

2. Not knowing if the d3dx9_36 worked as intended, I continued on and got to this step: 

Going from the log, it seems that d3dx9_36 failed to install for some reason. You can check if it has been installed correctly by selecting "Show installed column" in the winetricks options (the little cog icon). Winetricks saves the downloads in ~/.cache/winetricks so you can also go there to see if it has been properly downloaded. 

Quote:  I can't get PCSX2-CE to open. I go to the PCSX2-SE folder and see PCSX2-CE.app file, but when I click on it, nothing happens that I can tell. Am I supposed to run the app through Wineskin? The closest I can get is doing the "Test Run" in Wineskin, which brings up the PCSX2 First Time Configuration Screen, but that doesn't seem to be what the guide is recommending.

Hmm, I've just tried the guide again from scratch, and it is also freezing. My existing app works perfectly. I will try to find the problem and update as soon as I can. 
How would i connect a xbox 360 controller (i have wired and wireless) using lilypad? ive used both controlleres on other games and emulators so i know the laptop does recognize it, but pcsx doesnt
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Wine 3.0 has been released today.
Is there a way to configure everything with Wine 3.0 instead with Wineskin (which uses an older version of Wine)?
DX10/11 compatibility has been added — maybe there's the possibility to use a newer GSDX plugin?