PCSX2 CPU configuraton
while reading the configuration guide, a Dual Core Mode was mentioned in the CPU configuration options. i dont see this while running PSCX2 (ver 0.9.6). CPU is [email protected] if that matters. however, i do ee the option in ver 0.9.4. was it taken out or is it just me?

Sponsored links

No, it was not taken out.
Its Called "MTGS" -> Hit Config and than ->CPU, you´ll find it there
[Image: 26293342.gif]
(03-06-2009, 02:45 PM)xCrashdayx Wrote: No, it was not taken out.
Its Called "MTGS" -> Hit Config and than ->CPU, you´ll find it there

yeah, MTGS is enabled, but on 0.9.4 right below it is a box to turn on Dual Core Mode or not. it's not in 0.9.6 (but the config guide said it was) so wonder if im just doing something wrong <_< unless they're merged?
Just tick the MTGS option and you're set.
DC mode was removed, as you guessed.
Dual Core Mode is obselete since PG and it's totally pointless,the MTGS mode is the only available in the CPU config and it's stable and effective on your current CPU.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Is there any point of that MTGS option to be still there,why not make it always enabled and remove is from CPU dialog?
Is there any point in supporting CPU's with < SSE4 support? Let's remove that as well then!
Ah, and make a gtx280 the minimum to run GSdx when we're at it.

Not every CPU that can be used for pcsx2 is a dual core you know Tongue2
(03-06-2009, 03:33 PM)rama Wrote: Not every CPU that can be used for pcsx2 is a dual core you know Tongue2

Ok let me ask it like this then...is there a CPU that's not HT or DC and have SSE2 and if there is those CPU are too week for pcsx2 in the first place.What will happen if you enable that option on CPU that's not HT nor DC.

Currently the emu on anything similar to my processor without speed hacks is almost impossible to be played because the speed is very low.Since pp441 till now speed hack don't give me almost any speed boost.On anything newer than pp441 with all speed hack enabled(except with INTC Sync hack) compared to anything older than pp441 with all speed hack enabled the speed differences in almost all games is 50% slower.Since pp441 till now with hack on and off(except with INTC Sync hack)the speed differences is 5-10fps and x3 Cycle rate on almost all of the games that I've tried when there is something to load the emu becomes almost twice slower(simply said any x? Cycle rate from pp441 don't give me any speed boost)

It's not like that I can't remove that option myself but I don't see why this option is not set to always on and and removed from there.

Any CPU that don't have HT or it's not DC is simply too week for the current state of pcsx2.
Why Does it need to be removed? It's enabled by default. Don't change whats not broken.

Lots of CPUs had sse2 support but not Dual Core/HT ie. Athlon 64, Sempron 64, Turion 64, Original P4's, Most Celerons, Intel Core Solos, VIA cpu's etc.. with effective clock speeds similiar to yours.

Following your logic, they should remove support anything lower than 45nm core2/i7 as rama remarked.
Ninja
(03-06-2009, 05:02 PM)Trigun Wrote: Why Does it need to be removed? It's enabled by default. Don't change whats not broken.

Lots of CPUs had sse2 support but not Dual Core/HT ie. Athlon 64, Sempron 64, Turion 64, Original P4's, Most Celerons, Intel Core Solos, VIA cpu's etc.. with effective clock speeds similiar to yours.

Following your logic, we should remove support anything lower than 45nm core2/i7 as rama remarked.

My point isn't removing that option and his function along with it but to enable that function in the pcsx2 code and remove the ability to enable/disable it.

It's like the DC options...why it was removed and not this one,maybe it's added something to the code to check if the CPU is DC or not and if it is then to enable the function that the DC option was doing before.Especially on my PC before when there was DC option if I enable it the emu becomes slower.