PCSX2 Configuration Settings Reset
Hello, I've been a PCSX2 follower for the past year or so, but didn't get a chance to try the newest version (0.9.6) up until today. You see, every time I run PCSX2 the configuration settings keep reseting by themselves. This has gotten very annoying and I can't seem to find a way to save them. Also, I don't know if it's related to this same problem but Lilypad also resets every time I run my PS2 game. I have already made a save file for the configuration but the moment I press OK, it resets! So even when the game boots, I can't play because the buttons don't respond. Any ideas of what may be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

(05-02-2009, 04:51 AM)MagnaZero Wrote: Hello, I've been a PCSX2 follower for the past year or so, but didn't get a chance to try the newest version (0.9.6) up until today. You see, every time I run PCSX2 the configuration settings keep reseting by themselves. This has gotten very annoying and I can't seem to find a way to save them. Also, I don't know if it's related to this same problem but Lilypad also resets every time I run my PS2 game. I have already made a save file for the configuration but the moment I press OK, it resets! So even when the game boots, I can't play because the buttons don't respond. Any ideas of what may be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Run as Administrator. Seems to work for other people.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
For 0.9.6? I try right clicking the icon, but no Run as Administrator option comes out?
(05-02-2009, 05:21 AM)MagnaZero Wrote: For 0.9.6? I try right clicking the icon, but no Run as Administrator option comes out?

which OS are you using?
"Run as Administrator" for VISTA OS only but if you active UAC. If your UAC is off this option will never came out !!!
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
I'm using Vista. See, the thing is that back when I used version 0.9.4 the run as administrator option WOULD appear. However, it doesn't for this newest version. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I used the installer. Maybe if I just download the zip file it'll make a difference?
(05-02-2009, 02:37 PM)MagnaZero Wrote: I'm using Vista. See, the thing is that back when I used version 0.9.4 the run as administrator option WOULD appear. However, it doesn't for this newest version. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I used the installer. Maybe if I just download the zip file it'll make a difference?

I think so. Chances are it's a permissions issue, you (the user) doesn't have permission to write to the Program Files folder. So the program tries to write out the settings and fails, reverting to default.

Get the non-installer version and run it from somewhere you're sure to have write-permission, like the desktop.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
just go to where you installed it in program files and do the run as admin on the exe there Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja