PCSX2 Crash when trying to start bios
I downloaded the Beta version, avx2 and qt version. But I cannot even start bios, let alone playing games. I included the crash log. Please help. Thank you.

Attached Files
.rar   crash-2022-05-29-19-23-04-367.rar (Size: 174,68 KB / Downloads: 78)

Sponsored links

are you using some shell extension like OldNewExplorer ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-29-2022, 03:39 PM)jesalvein Wrote: are you using some shell extension like OldNewExplorer ?

No, I don't think so. I use a brand new MSI Laptop with Windows 11 HSL pre-installed.
(05-29-2022, 02:24 PM)Tamhar Wrote: I downloaded the Beta version, avx2 and qt version. But I cannot even start bios, let alone playing games. I included the crash log. Please help. Thank you.

Try deleting the PCSX2.ini file in the inis subdirectory where PCSX2 is installed. Note, doing this resets all settings of the emulator. What renderer are you using? Is it on Automatic?
(05-30-2022, 05:43 PM)Astro_80 Wrote: Try deleting the PCSX2.ini file in the inis subdirectory where PCSX2 is installed. Note, doing this resets all settings of the emulator. What renderer are you using? Is it on Automatic?

Already tried deleting the PCSX2.ini file and immediately start BIOS, it is crashed. And yes, the renderer is set to Automatic
(05-31-2022, 04:47 AM)Tamhar Wrote: Already tried deleting the PCSX2.ini file and immediately start BIOS, it is crashed. And yes, the renderer is set to Automatic

You said it's the same for Qt and avx versions,right ?
Can you please provide the emulog.txt for wx version ?
(05-31-2022, 06:03 AM)jesalvein Wrote: You said it's the same for Qt and avx versions,right ?
Can you please provide the emulog.txt for wx version ?

I found the problem, and I feel stupid. I use an all in one bios, and it use the one on top. I believe it is Chinese BIOS. That's what crashed PCSX2. I realized this when I use the wx version, used the same list of BIOS, and I saw it used CH BIOS. When I select USA BIOS, it goes to BIOS normally, both in WX version and QT version. So, sorry.
(05-31-2022, 11:39 AM)Tamhar Wrote: I found the problem, and I feel stupid. I use an all in one bios, and it use the one on top. I believe it is Chinese BIOS. That's what crashed PCSX2. I realized this when I use the wx version, used the same list of BIOS, and I saw it used CH BIOS. When I select USA BIOS, it goes to BIOS normally, both in WX version and QT version. So, sorry.

no problem.
Make sure you don't come back here for,support as piracy isn't allowed, as you already know it.