PCSX2 Crashes on startup
I had been playing for a few weeks having a lot of fun, no problems, the last thing I remember playing was Dragon Quest 8 yesterday and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.  And then today, I try to play it and right when I open PCSX2 it closes after a second.  I don't get a chance to click any games or settings or anything and it just closes.

I had been using v1.7.5826-windows-x64-Qt, but after the problem I downloaded and installed the latest nightly build which is v1.75913-windows-x64-Qt and that one also closes a second after starting up and showing the game list.  So I went to download the latest stable release 1.6.0 which fortunately it does work, but it seems to be lacking a lot of the features I got used to with the more recent versions.

I went to Documents/PCSX2 and attached a crash report text file.

.txt   crash-2024-06-20-19-46-20-843.txt (Size: 29,59 KB / Downloads: 19)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored links

update your vcredists, update your gpu and igpu drivers (not with windows device manager, of course. do it the proper way)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thank you, I downloaded the x86 version of vcredists, restarted the pc, and I didn't linger, just clicked fast into a game hoping the window wouldn't close and that seemed to work. I then changed a setting in there to stop looking for games at a certain location. Thinking about it and I realize that over the last 24 hours I've done a whole lot of (un-)zipping and organizing of PS1 games (of which I use another emulator), and I forgot that this was associated with those, so I deleted that from the rom location list. Anyways everything seems good again, thanks a lot for your help.