PCSX2 Crashes or gets an error when loading ISOs
I installed PCXS2 Last night because I want to play suikoden 4. I ran the installed used the recommended plugins and installed my ps2 BIOs. Everything seems to work well until I run the ISO it will either boot up and immediately crash or I get this error message "Failed to init wglCreateContextAttribsArb" My PC Specs are;
Intel i7-4790
@3.60GHz
16GB RAM
2TB SSD
64bit Windows 10 21H2 
NVidia GTX GeForce 760
I Have the most up to Date DirectX 11 I double checked that already
Here Also Some Screenshots of my plugins and plugin settings.
Ive used EPXe and several imulators before but this is my first time using a ps2 emulator.

Sponsored links

That's an older build, isn't it? The newest are here try them:
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/releases
(Hint: grab one of these two)
pcsx2-v1.7.XXXX-windows-64bit-AVX2-wxWidgets.7z
pcsx2-v1.7.XXXX-windows-64bit-AVX2-Qt.7z

The ones that have 'wxWidgets' in their name will have an old style interface like the version you have now. Qt versions have a new overhauled interface and more features like a Game Library with boxart(which you have to aquire yourself) and per-game settings.

Edit: BTW, you never said which game you're trying to play; this could be important because a few games are known to require specific settings to boot.
It’s suikoden 4. I’m not sure if my version is old I got it off the downloads section here I thought it was a newer version but when I get home I’ll try your link and see what happens let you know if that helps thank you for a fast reply
(06-12-2022, 05:54 PM)IPlayWithHex Wrote: Edit: BTW, you never said which game you're trying to play; this could be important because a few games are known to require specific settings to boot.

OP Wrote:I installed PCXS2 Last night because I want to play suikoden 4.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm sorry, I didn't see that.

Well Suikoden is one of my favorite series so I know Suikoden 4 should run fine in versions 1.4 and 1.6.

Edit: BTW, I looked up the 'failed to init wglCreateContextAttribsARB' error and according to people on the interwebs, it *could* be caused by failing to meet the minimum requirements of whatever open gl program you're trying to run(the open gl renderer in PCSX2 in your case). So, in addition to trying a newer build, you could also try updating your video card drivers too or using direct x. Well, that's all I got :/
(06-12-2022, 06:55 PM)IPlayWithHex Wrote: I'm sorry, I didn't see that.

Well Suikoden is one of my favorite series so I know Suikoden 4 should run fine in versions 1.4 and 1.6.

Edit: BTW, I looked up the 'failed to init wglCreateContextAttribsARB' error and according to people on the interwebs, it *could* be caused by failing to meet the minimum requirements of whatever open gl program you're trying to run(the open gl renderer in PCSX2 in your case). So, in addition to trying a newer build, you could also try updating your video card drivers too or using direct x. Well, that's all I got :/

Yeah That was my first thought too so I Ran updates on my graghics driver and Direct but they were both already completely up to date :/ btw these files where how exactly do i import them?
UPDATE: Im no longer getting that error message I didnt change anything yet just uninstalled and re installed completely. It just attemts to load and then crashes with no error codes
Import? Not sure I follow.

I mean if you're talking about the newer builds on the page I linked; click on 'Assets' and then you'll see a list of files to download for each platform supported. You have the same cpu I do and are on Windows so grab one of the two versions I named above ^^

I wouldn't try to copy a new build over to your current install, if that's what you where getting at. The newer builds are years apart from whatever you have now so doing that could possibly just lead to more problems.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go