PCSX2 Crashes under Ubuntu 8.10
(12-13-2008, 09:58 AM)arjent Wrote: I'm having the same problems. I have all the libs and I see the plugins there...
I figured out a solution though. Maybe not very elegant...but...

I cut the libZeroGSoglr.so.96.2 out of the plugins dir and copied the same lib from a different install I did (I think it came from the regular linux source from pcsx2). Ran the pcsx2 playground preroll (32bit) and it worked like a charm.

Hope that helps you figure out what is going on, thanks SO much for making a compiled version. Sometimes I can figure out how to compile things and sometimes I can't, so that was a big help!

That's interesting. I wonder if it somehow got corrupted in uploading..

If you untar and drop this version in, does it work?

Sponsored links

I unzipped that into the plugin's directory, and still crashes / doesn't show video card.
I can't get that file to extract for some reason

Try this one, it works for me:
.gz   libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2.tar.gz (Size: 179,08 KB / Downloads: 718)
I only extracted it once, I think because it has too many .'s in there, it thinks it can unzip it even more? Laugh
(12-13-2008, 10:23 AM)arjent Wrote: I can't get that file to extract for some reason

Do you mind posting your plugin replacement you used?
(12-13-2008, 10:23 AM)arjent Wrote: I can't get that file to extract for some reason

It didn't compress right for some reason. Lets try that again.

Attached Files
.gz   ZeroGS.tar.gz (Size: 179,2 KB / Downloads: 636)
(12-13-2008, 10:26 AM)arcum42 Wrote:

It didn't compress right for some reason. Lets try that again.

Now it complaigns about not having libGLEW1.4
Ok, a clarification people. Aside for ensuring that pcsx2 playground compiles under linux, we aren't offering support for it under all distributions. Reason, we don't HAVE every distribution, and only arcum here uses linux. You should in fact be very grateful it even compiles under most revisions, it's already much better than official pcsx2 was in this Tongue

Now, you can still post asking for support in General Discussion, and maybe you'll receive answers, but it's strictly volunteer work because we can't guarantee it. So, please no more posting in the bug reports section Smile
for 8.10 its libglew1.5.
Are you using Arcum's or my version? I don't know if it matters, but I compiled mine on 8.10 so it should work for you too...

btw: YAY I can play Soul Nomad after many years of waiting! Thanks Arcum (and Rama, of course)

Edit: Sorry! Where's our Linux Support section?! *wink*
(12-13-2008, 10:41 AM)Krakatos Wrote: Ok, a clarification people. Aside for ensuring that pcsx2 playground compiles under linux, we aren't offering support for it under all distributions. Reason, we don't HAVE every distribution, and only arcum here uses linux. You should in fact be very grateful it even compiles under most revisions, it's already much better than official pcsx2 was in this Tongue

Now, you can still post asking for support in General Discussion, and maybe you'll receive answers, but it's strictly volunteer work because we can't guarantee it. So, please no more posting in the bug reports section Smile

Of course, I know you guys don't support any distros, but Ubuntu is one of the main ones, and I just figured it would be good if it worked out of the box. Tongue.

@Arjent: Yours works perfectly, it's his file that PCSX2 is complaining about.
You were able to get yours working good?

I'm going to be running Ubuntu / Kubuntu, so I can alert you guys if anything goes wrong in SVN builds,
I'm going to see if I can figure out how to create a deb for PCSX2 Playground...
Yep, with that plugin, it's working great. One minor change and it's "out of the box" ready, thanks to Arcum's premade.