PCSX2 Crashing whenever i try to launch?
PCSX2 is crashing whenever i try to launch the emulator,this started happening after it crashed while loading an ISO. before this i was playing and it was working just fine. i tried changing options and i've reinstalled twice and nothing has fixed it so far. can anyone help me figure this out??

Sponsored links

Have you tried reinstalling the Visual C++ 2015 x86 Redistributable that's needed for PCSX2?
yeah,i did that too.
Are you getting any error messages when it crashes?

And have you tried deleting the PCSX2 settings folder from My Documents(backup first if you don't want to lose data)?
all im getting is "PCSX2 has stopped working." and yes i tried doing that as well.
If you haven't installed directx 9 install it. If yes then press f9 before emulator crashes. A same problem I solved before.
maybe he misses the DirectX redistributables : here
Yes it was also a problem for me but after installed dx9 no need to press f9 as it don't crashes.
Another thing, pressing f9 changes hw mode to sw mode in which graphics weren't good as in sw mode and there were outlines outside characters in dbz bt3 for me. So better install dx9 to solve many other issues.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go