PCSX2 Daily development builds
Oh, I see. While there is no metadata on the PS2 disk image itself, I noticed that the disk's serial number is on the image as a file.

When reading into a disk image, does the emulator also read said file? And if so, does the emulator store the file's name somewhere in memory as a wxString or a const char *?

Thanks Smile

Sponsored links

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/1b5f...r.cpp#L307
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

I consult ... can it be installed on pc boot? (In dual boot with Windows, Android or Linux? Thank you very much!
What do you mean on pc boot?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Just updated after playing a game for a few days without closing. So Now I have to find my own WS/NI patches?
Luckily I think I managed to have download a WS patch already for other reasons, but now I have to go find a NI patch?
Was there some issue with including the patches as before?

Edit: Just checked my "patches" folder. Nothing is in there. Now I have to find out where PCSX2 is reading from to get the patch that is showing up.
(02-01-2024, 12:10 PM)xnamkcor Wrote: Just updated after playing a game for a few days without closing. So Now I have to find my own WS/NI patches?
Luckily I think I managed to have download a WS patch already for other reasons, but now I have to go find a NI patch?

Edit: Just checked my "patches" folder. Nothing is in there. Now I have to find out where PCSX2 is reading from to get the patch that is showing up.

From the included zip file
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-01-2024, 12:10 PM)xnamkcor Wrote: Just updated after playing a game for a few days without closing. So Now I have to find my own WS/NI patches?

I used the built-in Update feature, but I'll look for the zip file.
If not I'll do a manual download.

Edit: So all the WS and all the NI patches that used to be built into the emulator are now in this Zip folder? And the Option is no longer a check box in some random place in the menu, but now all WS and all NI patches are listed in "patches" in each game's game-specific settings?
And I just keep them in the Zip file?
If I happen to find new patches(or wider patches I want to use), I can just put them in the patch Zip file?
Any plans for making the "16:9" Option more flexible to include arbitrary widenesses?
(02-01-2024, 06:28 PM)xnamkcor Wrote: I used the built-in Update feature, but I'll look for the zip file.
If not I'll do a manual download.

Edit: So all the WS and all the NI patches that used to be built into the emulator are now in this Zip folder? And the Option is no longer a check box in some random place in the menu, but now all WS and all NI patches are listed in "patches" in each game's game-specific settings?
And I just keep them in the Zip file?
If I happen to find new patches(or wider patches I want to use), I can just put them in the patch Zip file?

no, you can drop them in the "patches" folder
Quote:Any plans for making the "16:9" Option more flexible to include arbitrary widenesses?
no
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-01-2024, 07:27 PM)jesalvein Wrote: no, you can drop them in the "patches" folder
no

I'm guessing the 16:9 option just alters how the emulator stretches the final rendered window.  I'll find some way to alter it further myself.
Thanks for your help.
the included zip file in the resources folder will automatically enable if there is a patch available.

If you require a patch we don't have you can put it in the patches folder as suggested.

if you are compiling yourself, it won't come with a zip, you will need to get the release from this repo and drop it in bin/resources folder https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2_patches/r...tag/latest
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]