PCSX2 Debugger?
(09-26-2019, 03:35 AM)Maria Wrote: I think if I wanted to patch an address that just holds a simple value (like 0/1 or an HP counter etc) then it'd start with 0 (which means 1 byte will be replaced). For values that are bigger than FF (orĀ 255 in decimal) I would need to start it with 1. Instructions (like in the picture though) are 4 bytes long so in .pnach it needs to start with 2.
0 = XX
1 = XXXX
2 = XXXXXXXX
3 and higher are special codes, iirc following decrypted codebreaker cheat format.

Quote:Thanks @kozarovv, you were really helpful. I should be able to find interlacing codes for other games like this too. Is it always an sb or sw instruction that causes the interlacing? Is it possible that it's sometimes a different instruction? Is it always at the point the debugger jumps to or very closely after it?

sb = Store Byte
sh = Store halfword
sw = Store Word

PS2 devs show many times that they like to implement some weird solutions, but i think that will be always the same. At the second hand there are 10 store instructions in ps2 main core. Anyway, if you find address that change between 0,1,or 8, then it will be simple to find what write there by using breakpoint like one you used here. Is always instruction that debugger jump at break, or next one if previous is branch, or jump.

Sponsored links