PCSX2 Eventviewer error
So been seeing this error in eventviewer from time to
Code:
Error    8/31/2015 2:12:06 PM    SideBySide    78    None
Error    8/31/2015 2:12:06 PM    SideBySide    78    None
Error    8/31/2015 2:09:41 PM    SideBySide    78    None
Error    8/31/2015 2:09:41 PM    SideBySide    78    None

Activation context generation failed for "D:\My Documents\Emulation\pxsx2\Pcsx2 Git\pcsx2.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.10240.16384_none_3bccb1ff6bcd1849.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.10240.16384_none_f41f7b285750ef43.manifest.

Thing is see those dates? I didnt even run pcsx2 today and been seeing these error a few days now. Could this have anything to do with manifest being add to pcsx2 so readsĀ  windows verisons correctly? those error came reboots which i did like few today installed i new drivers and using display driver uninistall before hand

Note i am on win10

Sponsored links

Nowhere is written pcsx2. Have you only shown half of the message?
(08-31-2015, 08:57 PM)willkuer Wrote: Nowhere is written pcsx2. Have you only shown half of the message?

no that is the full message and pcsx2 is mentioned in there

Activation context generation failed for "D:\My Documents\Emulation\pxsx2\Pcsx2 Git\pcsx2.exe".Error in manifest or policy file
Sry my mobile doesn't show a scrollbar and I have only seen the first part of your post.

Seems to be some x86/x64 issue or? Maybe the architecture should be mentioned in the manifest as well to avoid the fallback on compatible systems...

Can you maybe check the two mentioned manifests and compare which lines are different? I guess somewhere in the beginning of both files is something related to x86/x64 and if you put the x86-line into the pcsx2 manifest the error should disappear. But just guessing here.
(08-31-2015, 09:58 PM)willkuer Wrote: Sry my mobile doesn't show a scrollbar and I have only seen the first part of your post.

Seems to be some x86/x64 issue or? Maybe the architecture should be mentioned in the manifest as well to avoid the fallback on compatible systems...

Can you maybe check the two mentioned manifests and compare which lines are different? I guess somewhere in the beginning of both files is something related to x86/x64 and if you put the x86-line into the pcsx2 manifest the error should disappear. But just guessing here.

i dont know i im on x64 win 10 and i noticed that poping up after the git build that fix OS namesĀ  pcsx2 logs tell me where this manifest is and if i can just copy paste it m self and i let you know if it stops
I think after the manifest was placed there windows expects now all kinds of information to be written within the manifest. It seems windows would like to read out of the manifest if this is a native x64 or an x86 app. I guess on a 32bit system this wouldn't happen. Concluding I think there are different solutions. Either deleting the manifest because you don't care or putting the necessary information into the manifest. I guess a quick googlesearch could answer this question as well..
Could answer it sure, was more of question is cause recent manifest added to pcsx2 so it could detect the OS correct and can fixes in pcsx2 so there error dont pop up.
Problem fixed with latest git 4a743ac