PCSX2 Extrem low fps FFX
Hey All People out there.
I often see Youtube Videos where FFX played with 100 % Speed, but if i plays with pcsx2 i only get 15 to 40 fsp (sometimes 50 fps).

Please help me i dont know what to do !!!!!!!Wacko

Data:
Win 7 Pro SP1
2 GB Ram
DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2600 MHz (13 x 200) 5000+ (CPU)
Asus M2N-MX SE Plus (Motherboard)
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (1024 MB)

Sponsored links

Recorded videos are automatically sped up to full speed.
The problem is with your outdated computer, it's just too slow for this game.
You can try to enable more speed hacks and see if that helps a bit.
pcsx2 version ?
plugins settings ?
what do the EE% & GS% say in gsdx window's title bar ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I have run FFX on a computer with Athlon 64 X2 5200+ (2.7 Ghz) and a 9600 GS and it runs at constant 60 FPS with all recommended speedhacks enabled. Your settings might be incorrect.
(07-11-2011, 02:51 AM)jesalvein Wrote: pcsx2 version ?
plugins settings ?
what do the EE% & GS% say in gsdx window's title bar ?
1. I use the newest stable version 0.9.8
2. EE% & GS% 50 to 80 (but often 40)

(07-11-2011, 09:26 AM)Livy Wrote: I have run FFX on a computer with Athlon 64 X2 5200+ (2.7 Ghz) and a 9600 GS and it runs at constant 60 FPS with all recommended speedhacks enabled. Your settings might be incorrect.

No way.
There's too much geometry load right in the intro sequence for example.
FFX in this way is more demanding than FF12 even.
The PC with an Athlon 64 X2 5200+ and a 9600 GS is the one in the cyberstation near my house. I play FFX on it for 2 hours on PCSX2 0.9.6 around 1 year ago, and did not notice any slowdown. I played until Tidus ends up at Besaid village. I also tested several games: God of War runs at 30 FPS, God of War II 20 FPS and Half-Life 40 FPS (Half-Life is speed up a lot in 0.9.7).

Indeed the opening scene at Zanarkand is slow. On my mobile Phenom II X4 N930 @ 2Ghz, the framerate sometimes drops to 35 FPS in this scene (normally full speed on cutscene and 50 FPS ingame). His CPU is surely better than mine when running on 2 cores, so it can't be 15 -> 40 FPS as mentioned above. Also, the Athlon 64 X2 speed is comparable to that of Pentium E. FFX is a less demanding game an can be run on a Pentium E ~ 2.5 Ghz, right?

/to NewZangetsu91 Try enable all recommended speedhacks. The EE and VU hack do not seem to speed up that game. Using VU Cycle Stealing at level 3 give false framerate count and even more slow down. The frame skipping give nothing but graphical error.
Quote:His CPU is surely better than mine when running on 2 cores,

no it isn't.

Quote:Also, the Athlon 64 X2 speed is comparable to that of Pentium E.

no it isn't.
All right. I'll test it again with 0.9.8 when I have time, although I don't think I remember incorrectly.

Edit: I've done a quick search and found 2 guys who have nearly full to full speed with Athlon 64 X2. See here.
what you're failing to account for is that 0.9.8 has had alot of hackish behavior removed for more accurate behavior which will have an impact on the low end