PCSX2 FF12 Huge slowdowns on a beast comp
(10-22-2012, 12:44 AM)jesalvein Wrote: That may not be enough for some very gs intensive scènes, though...
But the 8 bit texture thing should do the trick

You are telling me a Graphics Card that plays skyrim on max settings no lag is not able to play a ps2 game (it may very well be a high end one) smoothly? What in the world.

Tell me.... should I enable or disable the 8 bit texture thing.

One more thing, The speedhack..... is it just a bug that makes you have to do this.... or is FF12 just harder to run than skyrim. Cuz I know its not my processor that is the problem.

Sponsored links

It has nothing to do with bugs requiring you to use a speed hack.

It's because emulating hardware in software is an extremely heavy computational task.

So yes emulating PS2 games at full speed can be vastly more processor and graphics intensive than trying to run skyrim.

be glad they don't emulate as accurately as physically possible or nothing would be playable.
what resolution are you playing FF12 at?
(10-22-2012, 12:44 AM)jesalvein Wrote: That may not be enough for some very gs intensive scènes, though...
But the 8 bit texture thing should do the trick

So should I enable or disable it.

I am playing it at 1080p

The thing is..... I see many comps on the net that have exact same stats....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rezLszca_9g

look no lag.... this makes no sense.
now I'm tempted to underclock my CPU just to prove a point..

the built-in recorded records at 60 FPS, no matter what speed it really was
I"m just shocked then.... I mean I know ps2 emualtiona requires a hefty computer, but never did i think that at any point in any ps2 game would it actually cause lag to a computer like this.

So what kind of computer do you need to run this game at 60fps?
kinda irrelevant, but want to make mention of this:

I tried playing rumble roses on my PC (i3 3.3) and I couldn't pull 60 for the life of me, 4 sw threads and all. other, much more demanding, games ran flawlessly. it's probably JUST that part of the game. (for the record I got 60 fps on a 2.2 dual core with FF12 for some parts)
(10-22-2012, 12:23 AM)Gandy741 Wrote: The gpu has 1.5 gb of vram lol.

Your GPU performance is "probably" fine or ok but lacks vram. Some of the more demanding game can eat up to 2GB+ of vram easily, especially during those intensive scenes where there are a lot of things going on at once.
(10-22-2012, 05:41 AM)tuanming Wrote: Your GPU performance is "probably" fine or ok but lacks vram. Some of the more demanding game can eat up to 2GB+ of vram easily, especially during those intensive scenes where there are a lot of things going on at once.

i have 1,5gb ram en there is not a game i cant run 60 fps with 3x native. your reason is invalid.
(10-22-2012, 05:41 AM)tuanming Wrote: Your GPU performance is "probably" fine or ok but lacks vram. Some of the more demanding game can eat up to 2GB+ of vram easily, especially during those intensive scenes where there are a lot of things going on at once.

I'll disagree as well. I haven't found a game yet that I can't run at 3x native and my GPU has 512mb of Vram. Yes at insane resolutions or buggy games (ie zone of the enders) you'll get huge vram usage but that is very far from normal or common.
[Image: newsig.jpg]