PCSX2 FFXII - Problems with vista
Hello,

I've been testing out pcsx2 and I'm having trouble on vista 64.

I've tested the same config on XP and Vista 64 :
[Image: config.jpg]

On an old pc with XP (E5200, Nvidia 7950GT 512Mb, 2G DDR2 RAM) I get this:

[Image: XP.jpg]

Looks good and works fine, but lags a lot cause the computer is little weak.

And this is what I get with on Vista (E8600, Ati HD4970 1Gb, 4G DDR2 RAM):
[Image: Vista.jpg]

How can this be ?? I don't understand I get big fat pixels on vista and on xp it looks really good.
Even on Dx10 the graphics won't change at all, it looks really bad compared to what I get on my computer with XP.

Anyone know if something can be done to have the graphics right on Vista ?

Thx

Sponsored links

Ok, first the low quality is probably because you have the "native" check enabled, in vista and with that card you shouldnt need it (you also should try using Direct3D10 (Hardware)). The speed could be because of using "vsync" as it will limit your speed and you could also be suffering from the "ATI bug" in which case try to update your GSdx to it's latest revision.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Yeah you're right the native is checked by default, but now each time there is a video I get this

[Image: after.jpg]

Unstead of this

[Image: befor.jpg]

Wierd even with the lastest update of gsdx (v1611) it's still the same.

When I check "native" the videos and good but I get big pixels when I play ingame, and when I uncheck "native" the video has lines all over it but no pixels when I play
You can try using the "F9" key in game to switch between software and hardware renderer so you can see the videos with software probably, also this issue seemed to be solved in r1552 it could have come back so try the 1552 build instead.
DX10 has no known issues with FF12, try that
You were using the exact same settings on the XP and Vista machines, yes? So you had "native" checked on both computers, but only Vista was pixelated? I'll assume that you have a lower desktop resolution set on the XP machine than the Vista machine, and you had the PCSX2 window maximized. That means the picture was being stretched more on the Vista machine.

I also had that problem with the FMVs, but it was caused by VU Cycle Stealing speedhack for me, so I had that turned off. It doesn't sound like that's what's happening for you though.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
(08-09-2009, 11:40 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote: You were using the exact same settings on the XP and Vista machines, yes? So you had "native" checked on both computers, but only Vista was pixelated? I'll assume that you have a lower desktop resolution set on the XP machine than the Vista machine, and you had the PCSX2 window maximized. That means the picture was being stretched more on the Vista machine.

he already admitted that for the vista test native resolution was enabled, which clearly explains the visual difference, the xp one was without a doubt made with a higher int res, probably the 1024x1024 default.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I thought he had native set on both XP and Vista, so I assumed it was being stretched more on the Vista machine. Doesn't matter, he's got that sorted now.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Well I dunno exactly how everything works but I can say that there was probably a bug in the v.890 of gdsx that I was using now at v1611 everything is good about the pixels the only thing that is wierd is with "native" checked the videos in game are like this

[Image: befor.jpg]

Unstead of this

[Image: after.jpg]

when native is unchecked
Well as I said before try the r1552 as some trouble with FFXII FMVs was supposed to be fixed there, it could have just come back in later revisions Tongue

Unless I missunderstood what you meant that last post and you dont have that now with r1611 lol