PCSX2 .FMV playback issue (Wallace And Gromit: Curse Of The Were-Rabbit))
There is a major glitch when any .fmv file plays in Wallace And Gromit: Curse Of The Were-Rabbit. Half of the video is cut off by these black boxes and rectangles. This happens on all of the videos in the game. it is extremely annoying. I have tried all of the game fix hacks and every Gsdx setting imaginable and all of the Hardware hacks. I have tried Dx9, Dx11, and OpenGL on both hardware and software but it just doesn't fix this weird glitch. I have all speed hacks off since my computer is a beast. The game runs at a smooth 60 fps but the fmvs are all screwed up. Hopefully it isn't a ATI issue.

Here are my specs:

PCSX2 v1.5.0-dev-1716

Operating System
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
    AMD FX-8350
    Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1204MHz (10-12-12-31)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 (Socket 942)
Graphics
    VX228 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)

I don't have this problem with any of my other games because their movie formats are .pss, not .fmv. Is there a problem with PCSX2 where it can't play .fmv files correctly? I have heard of this problem happening with Xenosaga Episode 1 and I read a thread here where they tried to fix the issue but the thread just stops before they come to a solution. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Screenies:

Aardman Logo - PCSX2 v1.5.0-dev-1716                                                            Aardman Logo - PS2
    [Image: 9gub3z9q418cn6dzg.jpg]    [Image: 6mb9befzsmhb4e8zg.jpg]

Aardman Logo PCSX2 v1.5.0-dev-1716
[Image: 663yu0tf5ppub7lzg.jpg]

Main Menu Screen - PCSX2 v1.5.0-dev-1716
[Image: j23lwtyd5tw3f45zg.jpg]

First Cutscene #1 PCSX2 [b]v1.5.0-dev-1716[/b]
[Image: ka976d884trdn41zg.jpg]

First Cutscene #2 PCSX2 [b]v1.5.0-dev-1716[/b]
[Image: x3z74h9pf36rrbvzg.jpg]

Looks like it's been a problem for a while. This video is from Feburary 11th, 2013, he is using PCSX2 1.1.0.5552 (svn). Skip to 20 seconds to see the glitch.

Here is a video of what the main menu should look like:

What the first cut-scene should look like:

Sponsored links

Can you show us your emulator and GSDX settings as they are now please?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

[Image: aca143o6lt38htyzg.jpg]

[Image: cv0jw7cgl04rh8mzg.jpg]

[Image: dd5wb3ms237w449zg.jpg]

[Image: rodtv58d3xlyp6azg.jpg]

[Image: ib85f32j3gm56mfzg.jpg]

[Image: elvvi2nlcdaps2pzg.jpg]

[Image: k24fmf3ywyttg2nzg.jpg]

[Image: lw7xhhen2os2il4zg.jpg]

[Image: 55ns6nklbg9j693zg.jpg]
OpenGl seems to do better with the effects. When I use Dx11 or Dx9 it doesn't render some of the effects of the PS2 properly. Hopefully all of these settings can help you.
Could you provide a GS Dump of the issue?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-21-2016, 07:33 PM)ssakash Wrote: Could you provide a GS Dump of the issue?

Sorry it took so long, first time doing a GS Dump. I took a dump of each area in my screenshots, 4 dumps in total.

Contents:

- GS Dump 1 - Main Menu Bug
- GS Dump 2 - Aardman Logo Bug
- GS Dump 3 - First Cutscene #1 Bug
- GS Dump 4 - First Cutscene #2 Bug
 Couldn't attach it to the post, so I had to upload to Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9xorzxz6a5...es_Bug.rar
Well I just replicated your rather....strange GSDX settings and Emulator Settings, plus I built the latest GIT and it's all working fine here, no corner missing on the videos. That's both with the EU and US versions of the game.

Your EE/FPU Clamping is set to Extra+Preserve Sign. Did you change that intentionally?
(12-21-2016, 10:48 PM)CK1 Wrote: Your EE/FPU Clamping is set to Extra+Preserve Sign. Did you change that intentionally?

I tried that setting, it didn't make any difference, in fact, I copied all his settings for PCSX2 and GSDX and it still works fine.

Yeah sorry about that, I was changing all of the settings to see if it would get rid of the boarders and I forgot to change it to the defaults.

So it works on the latest GIT? Ok, I will try it on my end.
I don't know if it'll make any difference, nothing has changed that should affect you since the build you mentioned, unless you had a broken memorycard or an old plugin in your folder.