PCSX2 .FMV playback issue (Wallace And Gromit: Curse Of The Were-Rabbit))
(12-22-2016, 01:03 AM)refraction Wrote: I don't know if it'll make any difference, nothing has changed that should affect you since the build you mentioned, unless you had a broken memorycard or an old plugin in your folder.

I did copy over my memory cards from the last build I had which was PCSX2 1.5.0 dev-1195. I will try the game out on the default settings without changing anything and without copying over the memory cards, wish me luck.

Sponsored links

Good luck!

Edit: The other thing to check, when did you last update your graphics drivers? There was an AMD bug a while ago causing graphical issues in PCSX2, so it may be worth updating your driver too, especially if you haven't done it for a couple of months.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

It is still all screwed up. I still don't know what could be causing it. Maybe it's my iso file.

(12-22-2016, 01:15 AM)refraction Wrote: Good luck!

Edit: The other thing to check, when did you last update your graphics drivers? There was an AMD bug a while ago causing graphical issues in PCSX2, so it may be worth updating your driver too, especially if you haven't done it for a couple of months.

EDIT: Ok I will try to update my drivers, I haven't updated to the newest version yet.
check my previous post, I edited it.

(12-22-2016, 01:19 AM)refraction Wrote: check my previous post, I edited it.

Lol! Thanks for the fast responses. Well the driver installed correctly so that is good news. Restarting now . . .
Fingers crossed, else I'm stumped

Still has the black boxes. Maybe I should install the optional update for the AMD drivers. Do you have a AMD card? If you don't maybe that is why it is working for you.
I don't have one no, that's why I thought it may be a factor :/

(12-22-2016, 03:43 AM)refraction Wrote: I don't have one no, that's why I thought it may be a factor :/

In the video I posted he doesn't have a ATI card and it still has the glitch. Here are his specs that he puts in the description of the video:

PC specs:
- CPU Intel Core i5 760
- RAM 8 GB
- GPU Gefoce GTX 560
- Windows 7 (64 bit)

Here is the video I posted earlier:

I have one thing I could try. I have the actual PS2 disc of the game. So instead of using the iso which might be bad, I will test this with the disc version. Hopefully it works, I have never had such a problem with a game in PCSX2 before.

Also it would be helpful if we knew your specs and version of PCSX2 so that we can fully troubleshoot this. What can you guys do with those DS dumps I posted earlier? I can see that 9 people downloaded it so far. It might be worth checking out.

EDIT: I can confirm that it is not the ISO, the disc version still has the black boxes around the fmv. Since in a post on the PCSX2 wiki someone had tested this game and reported the boxes around the videos. But when they turned the half pixels offset on apparently it fixed the videos. Also this person had a NVIDIA card so it is not my graphics card

Testing Description:
"Videos are only rendered on the upper half of the screen, software rendering doesn't fix it. Suffers from the same 'red stripes' rendering bug as 'Project zoo'. Using HW hack, skipdraw to 1 fixes it but the HW rendering still looks duller than with software rendering. Note: Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware), Hardware Depth 'ON' - fixes red stripes, HW Hacks, Halfpixels offset 'ON' - fixes misplaced videos"

Just to note I cannot find the Hardware Depth setting for the life of me. Was it removed or something? I have Revision PCSX2 v1.5.0 dev-1720 at the moment.

Tester's specs:
CPU/GPU:
  • Intel Core2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16Ghz
  • Nvidia GTX 960 2GB
Revision:
PCSX2 git 07 02 2016 1.4.0 

Graphics:
GSdx MSVC 19.00, SSE41 1.0.0 

Sound/Pad:
  • SPU2-X (20160207113503) 2.0.0 
  • LilyPad (20160207113503) 0.11.0
The tester is Parotaku

Apparently he still is active on the forums. Getting him in on the issue could help a whole lot.

Here is the PCSX2 Wiki page for more info: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Wallace_...ere-Rabbit
(12-22-2016, 06:34 PM)AntiPestoGromit Wrote: I will try downloading a EU version of the game and see if it works.

Please don't, that would be illegal and I would have to close this thread.