PCSX2 .FMV playback issue (Wallace And Gromit: Curse Of The Were-Rabbit))
You can, but you might as well just use the whole package unless you have problems.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(01-09-2017, 03:01 AM)refraction Wrote: You can, but you might as well just use the whole package unless you have problems.

I have already tried the whole package. The FMVs work great, but my CPU is not compatible with the ATX2 version of the plugin so I am forced to use the SSE2 one, which is slower. So I will just copy the plugin and use it whenever a video comes up.

Just to let you guys know, I have another issue with this game. There are weird red bars that flash on the screen sometimes and in other areas the bars stay on the screen for a while. It seems that it has something to do with moving the camera around since every time I move the camera it sometimes happens. Also sometimes the bars make the whole screen discolored. Great, another issue that you guys can sink your teeth into, unless there is a fast fix. I have already tried all of the settings on Hardware modes and Software mode doesn't have the problem, but of course it looks like crap with native resolutions.

Here are some screens:

[Image: hmkwc2i79z6bsdizg.jpg]

[Image: ebmi0215by0bmm7zg.jpg]

EDIT: This has nothing to do with the new plugin, this has been an issue before the new plugin. It still does this with the recent revision.
Have you got depth disabled or blending accuracy set to none?

Also you won't notice much of a speed difference with the sse2 plugin unless you use software mode.

(01-09-2017, 03:36 AM)refraction Wrote: Have you got depth disabled or blending accuracy set to none?

Also you won't notice much of a speed difference with the sse2 plugin unless you use software mode.

No, but I had to change the Interlacing from Auto to bob bff (Use blend if shaking) setting. Because if it is set on Auto the screen shakes which is very annoying. I don't have depth emulation disabled as this causes other glitches, it is unchecked in the hardware hacks.

EDIT: It is a common issue it seems, another one that was never fixed. Here it explains it in test configurations: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Wallace_...ere-Rabbit

"Videos are only rendered on the upper half of the screen, software rendering doesn't fix it. Suffers from the same 'red stripes' rendering bug as 'Project zoo'. Using HW hack, skipdraw to 1 fixes it but the HW rendering still looks duller than with software rendering. Note: Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware), Hardware Depth 'ON' - fixes red stripes, HW Hacks, Halfpixels offset 'ON' - fixes misplaced videos"

I have the same result, if I set skipdraw to 1 it fixes it, but it makes the screen darker for some reason, very strange.

Not the only one that has had this issue as well. Here is a forum about the same bug: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Wallace-G...ere-Rabbit-
SLES-53621-E?page=2

I like using Opengl since it emulates more effects than DirectX and it is faster. Supposedly setting Hardware Depth to ON in Opengl fixes the red bars, but I cannot find that setting in the current revision. Sad (Unless Accurate Date is the same thing) I also tried it with speed hacks off and it still has the red and discolored bars.

Quoted from forum:

"Ok, so the setting making screen dark was Skipdraw set to '1' in HW Hacks. I've set it because in Direct3D mode setting it to 1 fixes red (or green) vertical stripes (though it makes the screen darker)

So in the end the settings should be

Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware)
Hardware Depth 'ON' - fixes red stripes
HW Hacks, Skipdraw = 0
HW Hacks, Halfpixels offset 'ON' - fixes misplaced
Interlacing: Blend bff - fixes shaking

Accurate date - makes no diffrence
Blending accuraty - also makes no diffrence
Didn't use FXAA or shader effects. "
That's strange because project zoo is fixed and working. I haven't seen a game have stripes in opengl in any recent build

* Don't use custom resolution.
* Use normal EE/VU cyclerate
* try the latest build (it won't contain the wrapping fix) as I merged a fix for a severe depth regression.
(01-09-2017, 10:18 AM)refraction Wrote: That's strange because project zoo is fixed and working.  I haven't seen a game have stripes in opengl in any recent build
Sorry for taking so long to respond. College just started for me so I have been a little busy.

Yeah, I don't know why this game has so many problems. Because Project zoo works without speedhacks, this game relies on speedhacks to work. Because even in software mode this game runs at 50% speed at the most.

(01-09-2017, 01:27 PM)gregory Wrote: * Don't use custom resolution.
* Use normal EE/VU cyclerate
* try the latest build (it won't contain the wrapping fix) as I merged a fix for a severe depth regression.

I figured out why the discolored bars appear. It turns out that if you use speedhacks and use VU Cycle Stealing at 2, it will make those discolored bars appear. This game needs speedhacks to play at 100%, because if you play it without the speedhacks, the fastest you can run this game at is 50% - 60%. This game is slow even when you use software mode, which is strange. I have also noticed that it slows down more when you are near bunnies. Maybe their AI is making the game slow. Because even if it is one bunny, the game slows down a bit, enough to be noticeable. I have found an alternative solution to this problem.

If I set EE Cyclerate to -1 and VU Cycle Stealing to 1 and I have Enable INTC Detection and mTU Flag Hack checked, the game runs 100% all the time with an occasional discolored bar flashing on the screen. It doesn't happen as often and only flashes across one section of the screen. This solution works on the most recent build, and the Revision I was using before which was pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1793.

I have noticed that if I have Enable Wait Loop Detection checked in the speedhacks settings, the discolored bars appear and they cover the whole screen. Why would Enable Loop Detection make the bars take up the whole screen instead of just a section of the screen? This solution is better than what I had before, but the discolored bars still appear. Is there any way to make this game run faster without the speedhacks? Because it definitely isn't my computer, as it is slow on software mode as well.
Good News! The latest Git Build has fixed this issue entirely! Even the red stripes are fixed, the videos are still blocked by black bars in Hardware Mode but in software mode they work perfectly! Great job to all of the developers of PCSX2!
You can fix it in Hardware mode by going to Config > Video (GS) < Plugin Settings, toggle "Enable HW Hacks", going to Advanced Settings And Hacks and enabling "Memory Wrapping".
(01-28-2018, 07:36 PM)FlatOut Wrote: You can fix it in Hardware mode by going to Config > Video (GS) < Plugin Settings, toggle "Enable HW Hacks", going to Advanced Settings And Hacks and enabling "Memory Wrapping".

Perfect! It works! I do have a new issue though. For some reason the new audio plugin causes the audio to cut out after a while in the tutorial level and it stays out for the rest of the playthrough. If I use old audio plugins from previous versions of PCSX2 it works. The new plugin I am using is from the v1.5.0-dev-2267-gab44ebd7e build
[url=https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/ab44ebd7e0239047312bc4cab2185fb4d04a82c7][/url]
I made sure to disable all speed hacks and switched to software mode, but the audio still cuts out. So I am certain that the problem is in the new audio plugin.

The new plugin is labeled as SPU2-X 20180127232611 2.0.0

The old plugin that works is labeled as SPU2-X 20170831211143 2.0.0. It is from the pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2267-gab44ebd7e-windows-x86 build. Does anyone know why this happens?

EDIT: It's not too big of a deal, since I can just use the older plugin. But I was just wondering why this is happening. Because you don't expect a update to mess something up this bad.