PCSX2 FPS Issues
Hi Guys,

Im sure this has been mentioned probably a thousand times, but im really struggling.. So, Sorry for being a noob.

I've downloaded PCSX2 and im trying to run my final fantasy 12 - FF-XII through it, although when in game, im hitting 20fps max! sometimes even decreases to 10fps max whilst moving or interacting. The

I'm running Windows 7 with 3GB of ram, AMD Athlon II dual-core 2.10 GHz, ATI Mobillity Radeon HD 4250 Gfx card (isn't the best i know) on a 64bit operating system.

My settings on the emu is pretty basic ( default settings ) as im a noob and dont wanna tinker with things i shouldn't be.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can throw my way guys, and again apologies for if this is in the wrong section etc.

Thanks!!

Sponsored links

It is quite wellknown, that inside cities it can bring even a decent PC to it's knees, but when you're outside of a city it should run faster, but I'm afraid that your pc isn't strong enough, they do recommend to have atleast a quadcore 3.0ghz, preferrable Intel, since most of the plugins are based on their instructionsets.
Ok , well thank you very much for your reply, i didn't think my laptop would be the best for it, but worth a shot.
Would it be my processor that's holding it back then?
As im saving for a new laptop anyway, would you be kind enough to tell me what i should be looking for?
Depends on your budget.

The core i7 3610QM is fairly common and a decent cpu. Clocks at 2.3 GHz but can turbo to 3.1GHz with all cores active. Otherwise a similarly clocked i5 should do decently. A higher clock rate would be advantageous however.

Gpu wise, I dont know much about ATI gpus, but if you can find a laptop with at least an nvidea geforce 650m you should be fine. Unfortunately with laptops the gpus are weaker than their desktop counterparts, but with lower resolution settings, pcsx2 should be fine. You would also be fine running near on any native pc game with at least a 650m.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
If going to replace the laptop is advisable waiting for the incoming new technologies. From AMD side the promise is in a high effective iGPU with "real" fast memory reducing the gap they have toward their desktop counterpart.

Intel didn't show yet what is coming with the new and revamped iGPU in their Haswell.

Replacing the laptop now may be cause of regrets soon enough.
Imagination is where we are truly real
why u not build a desktop?
(05-05-2013, 05:02 AM)Preet Wrote: why u not build a desktop?

Some people, like me, prefer the portability that laptops provide. Im willing to sacrifice some gaming performance for portability. Im more a console gamer though.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(05-04-2013, 02:46 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: It is quite wellknown, that inside cities it can bring even a decent PC to it's knees, but when you're outside of a city it should run faster, but I'm afraid that your pc isn't strong enough, they do recommend to have atleast a quadcore 3.0ghz, preferrable Intel, since most of the plugins are based on their instructionsets.

Not true... Intel processors are just better at the types of calculations that PCSX2 uses (especially when it comes to NaNs and the like)

AMD processors have had access to the same instructionsets for a couple years now... but that doesn't suddenly make them on par performance wise.
[Image: 2748844.png]