PCSX2 FPS Problem!
Sad 
Hey so i got prince of persia sands of time, converted it to an iso so its running off the HardDrive instead of cd roming it. It starts up perfect, 60FPS goin great, even the starting cinematics look splendid, and run like a real ps2! BUT, as soon as I get to the "Press Start Button" screen, the FPS drops to 12 FPS and bounces around there.... I am wondering why? As the cinematics looked like they required more processing then the "press start button" screen, and am confused as to what's going on. Sad I just started using this pcsx2 after i found out i can use my old ps2 games again on the comp (since ps2 is busted for a couple yrs now)...

PCSX2 Specs:

Graphics: GSdx 1873 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15

Cdvdrom: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0

My comptuer specs are:

Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Intel®
Pentium®
4 CPU 3.20 GHz
3.19GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

I have an ATI Radeon x1300

Any other info, I would be glad to give it.
Thank you all in advance that take your time to help out a newer person to your forums, and hope to see you all around more. Smile

Sponsored links

Well its quite simple, your pc is way too weak. A single core Cpu wont cut it and your graphic card aint helping either.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
quite a weak PC you have there.

Using speddhacks and latest gsdx/pcsx2 betas may improve a bit, but don't expect any miracles.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Your problems are definitely your specs. I have a processor similar to yours in my mom's desktop and I can't get any games, even the weakest, to work much past 70%, even with liberal use of speedhacks. Pretty sure that game is quite demanding in terms of power too.

Basically, your Pentium 4 can't cut it. I've figured this out myself as I have one. It's a single core processor. You really need a dual core such as a Core 2 Duo or AMD Phenom II/Athlon II to get any decent speeds in games. Also, get speeds somewhere around 2.8ghz or better. Your CPU has that, but it's only a single core, so no go.

Your GPU is really old too. Pretty sure the x1300 was on the market years and years ago. You don't need a REALLY expensive GPU, but you do need a somewhat up to date one. Somewhere around a Geforce 9800 GT would be more than enough I'd imagine, and they're pretty affordable.

And by the way, I'm fairly sure that those cinematics are simply full motion video. Those are not stressful or power consuming, even if they look good. They aren't rendered by polygons, they are just normal video like you'd watch from a DVD.

Don't expect to be able to play many games with your old hardware. I have similar specs on a family computer and I can't even get Kingdom Hearts to run fullspeed consecutively (despite that being one of the easier to emulate games). Maybe try some 2D games. Or get a better rig.
System- Custom Build
CPU- Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2ghz
Memory- 8GB DDR3
Video Card- EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
OS- Windows 10 Pro x64
Well I am on a tight budget so I can probably only upgrade one, which would you recommend? the Cpu or graphics card?
(11-30-2009, 01:15 AM)first time here Wrote: Well I am on a tight budget so I can probably only upgrade one, which would you recommend? the Cpu or graphics card?
If you want to upgrade one thing, that will be your cpu, but then, you will need to change the motherboard in order to have the cpu fit in. Most motherboard nowadays have only pci-e slots for graphic card, and I believe yours is an AGP card which means it has to go. Not to mention your ram, harddisc etc. After all,you will have to change the whole thing if you want to play in a computer. Therefore, your best option is to play with your ps2 instead.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
(11-30-2009, 01:27 AM)CKL Wrote:
(11-30-2009, 01:15 AM)first time here Wrote: Well I am on a tight budget so I can probably only upgrade one, which would you recommend? the Cpu or graphics card?
If you want to upgrade one thing, that will be your cpu, but then, you will need to change the motherboard in order to have the cpu fit in. Most motherboard nowadays have only pci-e slots for graphic card, and I believe yours is an AGP card which means it has to go. Not to mention your ram, harddisc etc. After all,you will have to change the whole thing if you want to play in a computer. Therefore, your best option is to play with your ps2 instead.

Actually it's the opposite, I have the PCI-Express x16 slot.
No one upgrade to your computer will be good enough to run PCSX2 full speed for most games. The better bet would be to upgrade your CPU... but you'd need to switch motherboards as well as there aren't any dual cores that run on the old P4 boards... which adds another dimension of cost.
[Image: 2748844.png]
If it's a 775 P4, chances are, it is possible to upgrade to a Pentium D. However, those aren't all that great, so don't expect too much.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
(11-30-2009, 01:31 AM)first time here Wrote:
(11-30-2009, 01:27 AM)CKL Wrote: Most motherboard nowadays have only pci-e slots for graphic card, and I believe yours is an AGP card which means it has to go.

Actually it's the opposite, I have the PCI-Express x16 slot.

If this is the case try to find out if your motherboard can support a core 2 duo or pentium dual-core, it's not many motherboards that support both pentium 4 and core 2 duo but if you have one of these it will be easier to upgrade. After that upgrading that card would be quite easy too, but the most important thing is the CPU.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64