PCSX2 Failed to Create Render Device
Hey guys, I've recently been playing lots of the old Tokyo Xtreme Racer games via PCSX2. Went through a normal update a few days ago, now I see nothing but the same Error popup every time I try to load the games. 

It reads "Failed to create render device. This may be due to your GPU not supporting the chosen render (auto), or because your graphics drivers need to be updated." 

Has anyone seen this error and know of any workarounds? I've got Nvidia Geforce RTX3060 running the system. I'm relatively new to gaming PC's, so any help is much appreciated!

Sponsored links

(05-29-2024, 03:24 PM)brendan.berg1 Wrote: Hey guys, I've recently been playing lots of the old Tokyo Xtreme Racer games via PCSX2. Went through a normal update a few days ago, now I see nothing but the same Error popup every time I try to load the games. 

It reads "Failed to create render device. This may be due to your GPU not supporting the chosen render (auto), or because your graphics drivers need to be updated." 

Has anyone seen this error and know of any workarounds? I've got Nvidia Geforce RTX3060 running the system. I'm relatively new to gaming PC's, so any help is much appreciated!

did you update your gpu driver ?
the proper way, of course. no via windows device manager
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-29-2024, 05:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: did you update your gpu driver ?
the proper way, of course. no via windows device manager

Have not done that, I'll check that out and get it updated here shortly and report back. What is the proper way to do that, just via the NVIDIA app thing itself?
this, and update your igpu as well
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
OK think I got that, getting both updated now and I'll report back