PCSX2 Framerate Tanking
Hello!

I recently got a new laptop (Alienware, i7-8750H @ 2.21 GHz (Hex Core), 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB), and for whatever reason PCSX2 is absolutely tanking. It would run fine on my old Desktop (i5-2400, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB), but it's absolutely tanking here. I am trying to emulate Spongebob Squarepants Battle for Bikini Bottom, a game in which I tested on my old desktop and would hold steady at 100%, occasionally dipping to 85% in high load areas (the Kelp Forest, for example). Here I can't stick higher than 60%, and that's just in the menus for the game. Anyone know what's up?

EDIT: I am noticing the EE is maxing at 100%; what's up with that? I've read that's the CPU usage, and it's maxing out almost the whole time. Would anybody happen to know why?

Thanks!

Sponsored links

If the EE percentage is at 100%, that means your CPU has no more CPU time to give to the EE thread. Have you checked that your power settings are set to High Performance?
(04-18-2019, 06:45 PM)pandubz Wrote: If the EE percentage is at 100%, that means your CPU has no more CPU time to give to the EE thread. Have you checked that your power settings are set to High Performance?

I am only seeing 'Balanced' available as a power plan in my power settings. Am I looking in the wrong place or something?

(04-18-2019, 06:50 PM)VirusVox Wrote: I am only seeing 'Balanced' available as a power plan in my power settings. Am I looking in the wrong place or something?

Found it in the Alienware Command Center. Set it to High Performance, will reply back after testing it out.

It is still tanking down to 50-60% speed upon advancing the menus.
I am absolutely dumbfounded. The laptop was half-plugged in, and for whatever reason that was limiting the CPU to 0.8GHz processing power. Issue solved, I guess. Thanks for the help though!
That happens in every gaming laptops. I'm actually using one right now at the moment and it happens to my laptop as well. I only game more intense games like Gran Turismo in PCSX2 with my PC plugged in and take it out for games that don't require much resources.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!