PCSX2 Issue
For every game I try to play it will always mini-freeze, hitches, or stutters whatever you want to call it. Example: I'll be running around in Ghosthunter and out of nowhere the emulator will "freeze" for a second or two and it'll resume. This occurs quite often on all games and I recall it not happening some time ago. I was on the stable 1.4 version but tried a 1.5 version I saw on github.

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/14...-301492954

Even after trying that one though the issue remained. I've tried changing the settings around and even using different hardware and software options but none can fix it. I heard it might have to do with the FCU or even Nvidia's driver(s). Currently I'm on Windows 10, version 1709, and OS build 16299.19. Unfortunately the emulog.txt doesn't give any real information that I could notice but I'll include it as an attachment.

I should also mention that the emulator(s) are on my external hard-drive but I ruled that out as being a possible issue by making a copy of it onto my desktop, along with the game, and the issue remained.

Attached Files
.txt   Comp.txt (Size: 607 bytes / Downloads: 132)
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 13,01 KB / Downloads: 166)

Sponsored links

What speedhacks do you have applied, if any?

Tried updating to latest NVIDIA driver? (Mine is 388.13)

Are you using OpenGL or DirectX?

Do the same things happen in Software mode?

Have you tried a clean boot? Some software can interfere, especially from OEMs (I notice you are using an Alienware desktop).

EDIT: Also, have you tried forcing vSync/Adaptive vSync in the NVIDIA control panel?
I'll get back to answering that tomorrow got some things to do then I'm heading to bed.
i don't think he doesnt need to "reset my PC" since he just updated to fall creator...
all he need his install his motherboard drivers...and as for the nvidia drivers windows updates will handle it.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-09-2017, 02:31 AM)smartstrike Wrote: i don't think he doesnt need to "reset my PC" since he just updated to fall creator...
all he need his install his motherboard drivers...and as for the nvidia drivers windows updates will handle it.

I never asked him to reset his PC, I asked him to perform a clean boot, meaning booting without non-essential services and programs running.
Nothing to do with resetting his PC. If you scroll past the first sections advising that if the steps in the article did not help, you should click on the links to reset, you will find the step-by-step detailing the method for a clean boot.

When you start Windows by using a normal startup operation, several applications and services start automatically, and then run in the background. These programs include basic system processes, antivirus software, system utility applications, and other software that has been previously installed. These applications and services can cause software conflicts.

(11-09-2017, 02:31 AM)smartstrike Wrote: all he need his install his motherboard drivers.

Considering he is using an Alienware, I think Dell, his OEM, would have preloaded the drivers.

(11-09-2017, 02:31 AM)smartstrike Wrote: and as for the nvidia drivers windows updates will handle it.

Windows Update is notorious for loading old/broken graphics drivers, especially on Windows 10.
(11-08-2017, 08:29 PM)lemondrizzle Wrote: What speedhacks do you have applied, if any?

Tried updating to latest NVIDIA driver? (Mine is 388.13)

Are you using OpenGL or DirectX?

Do the same things happen in Software mode?

Have you tried a clean boot? Some software can interfere, especially from OEMs (I notice you are using an Alienware desktop).

EDIT: Also, have you tried forcing vSync/Adaptive vSync in the NVIDIA control panel?

Well I had it set to preset 2 and I turned it off, but kept all of the things on P2, except I turned on v-sync and MTVU. Tried it with both of those off didn't make a difference but without v-sync on OpenGL will have tears on screen. I can try using the control panels v-sync instead.

I would but I read the forums on the 388.13 driver and quite a few are saying it's causing even worse stuttering in games. Sounds like another crappy driver from Nvidia that should be avoided. I should mention I always use DDU in safemode to do cleanings of drivers and I manually install them. Don't trust windows to do it for me never have.

If you're talking about the renderer I've used them all to try and fix it. OpenGL seems to be the most stable but they all have the same problem.

I'll try a clean boot later today.

"Considering he is using an Alienware, I think Dell, his OEM, would have preloaded the drivers."

It did but I had to do several clean OS installs in the past from corruption or just wanting to clean the computer. They should have the needed drivers though.
(11-09-2017, 09:02 AM)Corpser Wrote: Well I had it set to preset 2 and I turned it off, but kept all of the things on P2, except I turned on v-sync and MTVU. Tried it with both of those off didn't make a difference but without v-sync on OpenGL will have tears on screen. I can try using the control panels v-sync instead.

I would but I read the forums on the 388.13 driver and quite a few are saying it's causing even worse stuttering in games. Sounds like another crappy driver from Nvidia that should be avoided. I should mention I always use DDU in safemode to do cleanings of drivers and I manually install them. Don't trust windows to do it for me never have.

If you're talking about the renderer I've used them all to try and fix it. OpenGL seems to be the most stable but they all have the same problem.

I'll try a clean boot later today.

"Considering he is using an Alienware, I think Dell, his OEM, would have preloaded the drivers."

It did but I had to do several clean OS installs in the past from corruption or just wanting to clean the computer. They should have the needed drivers though.

I seem to be okay on 388.13 (I use a 750Ti) but I needed them for stable frames in Wolfenstein 2.

See how you go anyway.
(11-08-2017, 08:29 PM)lemondrizzle Wrote: Have you tried a clean boot? Some software can interfere, especially from OEMs (I notice you are using an Alienware desktop).

Well I just did a clean boot and it did nothing. I'm still guessing it's related to that issue caused by MS right now. Anything else you can think of?
There is a huge difference between the windows 10 drivers from windows and the ones from nvidia.. I've had more than a few problems with the ones automagically loaded from ms through update .. like 10-20 fps drop, crashes, etc. I wonder if it only loads drivers, but some of the other supporting libraries aren't there (once found ms had detected the card right, but didn't load the vulkan libraries... )
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
It might be related to this.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/2117
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9