PCSX2 Laptop Settings help (Dell N4020)
Exclamation 
I can't seem to find the best settings for my laptop to run PCSX2 at a playable speed. I'm trying to play Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix but it runs at about half speed so it's quite laggy as you can imagine :l. My specs are:

Manufacturer: Dell
Model: N4020
Processor Pentium® Duel-Core CPU: T4500 @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00GB
Vendor/Model: Genuine Intel (stepping 0A)

Any suggestions? Also in you need any addition info I will give you it. So any help would be greatly appreciated Laugh

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-09-2011, 03:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

For hardware specs, didn't I answer a good chunk of that? Except for the graphics card... How do I find out what it's called? Operating system is Windows 7.

Using PCSX2 0.9.8

What do you mean by default settings?

Trying to play KH2 Final Mix (iso).
this' a 14" laptop and the graphics card is a intel gma 4500. not even the processor is enough.

sorry. no chance to make that a gaming laptop. a good surfer and movie player that is.
(12-09-2011, 03:30 AM)xstyla Wrote: this' a 14" laptop and the graphics card is a intel gma 4500. not even the processor is enough.

sorry. no chance to make that a gaming laptop. a good surfer and movie player that is.

Sad That makes me sad. Thanks for replying though. I appreciate it Laugh
Quote:Score:0 of 4
Minumum Req. :FAILED
C2D or AMD x2~ at 3.0 Ghz and gddr2 equivalent Video card(Except 64-bit bandwidth video card)
Recommended Req. :FAILED
For i5 or i7 at 3.2Ghz(Except P4,PDC,C2D,C2Q,i3),For AMD x2,x4,x6(Phenom only) at 4.0Ghz and gddr5 equivalent video card
Maximum Req. :FAILED
i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5~ Super-OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti Super-OC edition and excess of 256-bit bandwidth
Priority Req. :FAILED
*If your desktop/laptop's has a C2D,Core-i BUT it's video card is a Intel-GMA,Gxx express chipset,Sandy Bridge's intergrated video card or other built-ined
VGA that takes priority of a failure system requirement.
**If your desktop/laptop's video card is gddr2,gddr3,gddr5 or other best video card BUT it's CPU is a Dual/quad-core less than 2.66Ghz, a
Pentium 3,4 or AMD without X,athlon 64,Turion,Celpron,486,586,Intel-Atom,Intel-Centrino,Intel-Celeron,Intel-Core-Solo,ALL types of Netbook or other single-core
CPU that takes priority of a failure system requirement..

i afraid you failed to meet one of the requirement
you may try this trick:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-con...ow-end-PCs
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(12-09-2011, 03:33 AM)BBladem83 Wrote: ...

yeah. I know it's not what it needs to be for pcsx2 but you can atleast play some older pc games of that caliber of the ps2 or a lil more. if that helps. Wink