PCSX2 Linux Development
Thanks for testing my code.

@ntzrmtthihu777, @krysto => see this thread
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Linux-Jobs

By the way krysto did you manage to compile PCSX2.

@Nezarn, which version did you test on wine exactly? The official 1.2.x?

Sponsored links

(02-10-2014, 10:32 PM)gregory Wrote: @Nezarn, which version did you test on wine exactly? The official 1.2.x?

SVN, i think it was r5881 (i cant try official, because i cant install vcredist2013 in wine)

Edit: just retested, without framelimiter native linux port has ~20-30 fps more than wine (so something was wrong with my first test >.<
but still thats not bad from wine, considering i used default gsdx settings (dx9?)) But fps is stable in wine, in native it dips more (for example in native its laggy when ar tonelico goes to load menu, and sometimes in battle too, sound gets crackling because slowdown)
No, not yet. I downloaded the libraries and headers and put them in usr/lib but cmake is still not picking them up. I'm reading some books and articles on developing software in a UNIX environment as opposed to Visual Studio. This is a big learning experience for me, lol.
"I know now why you cry... but it is something I can never do."
-Emotion Engine
(02-11-2014, 07:12 PM)krysto Wrote: No, not yet. I downloaded the libraries and headers and put them in usr/lib but cmake is still not picking them up. I'm reading some books and articles on developing software in a UNIX environment as opposed to Visual Studio. This is a big learning experience for me, lol.

EDIT: It is worth mentioning that I also tried building pcsx2-svn from the Arch User Repository, and that was successful, but when I tried to run a game, I got an assertion error, and a message on the console that openGL 3 was not supported by my drivers.
-Emotion Engine
If you are using mesa then it has to be at least version 10.0. Otherwise FGLRX, latest version is best (I think 13.12).
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Success! I was able to compile the source code from my git folder, though I had to add some flags to the build script to tell cmake where to find the wxwidgets libraries:

-DwxWidgets_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE='/usr/bin/wx-config-2.8'
-DwxWidgets_wxrc_EXECUTABLE='/usr/bin/wxrc-2.8'

But unfortunately there is still that pesky error:

[Image: Screenshot_from_2014_02_16_14_37_12.jpg]

I will try updating my mesa driver.
-Emotion Engine
Updated mesa and open source ATI, and still getting the error. I guess neither support openGL 3.3? I will have to get catalyst.
-Emotion Engine
Maybe you can try to get only 3.1 context instead => plugins/GSdx/GSWndOGL.cpp or plugins/GSdx/GSWndEGL.cpp.
Hmm... apparently the newest open source ATI and mesa should support opengl 3.3 though. Should I only have one or the other installed? Or can they co-exist? Open source ATI is a driver, and mesa is just an implementation of existing drivers, right? Like an extra layer?
-Emotion Engine
no both are drivers. You could have several of them, but it could be difficult.

On my debian system. However you can't load all the kernel module at once. You need to select the module at boot time. (At least before the start of X)
Quote:update-alternatives --config glx
There are 4 choices for the alternative glx (providing /usr/lib/glx).

Selection Path Priority Status
------------------------------------------------------------
0 /usr/lib/nvidia 100 auto mode
1 /usr/lib/fglrx 99 manual mode
2 /usr/lib/fglrx/igpu 90 manual mode
3 /usr/lib/mesa-diverted 5 manual mode
* 4 /usr/lib/nvidia 100 manual mode