PCSX2 Linux Errors
I'm on a dual boot system, Windows FLP SP2, Xubuntu 9.04. E2180 Dual Core @ 2.0GHZ (overclocked to 2.877GHZ), 2GB DDR2 RAM, GeForce 7600 GS (PCI-E) 512MB VRAM.

In Windows FLP PCSX2 works well, even if a bit slow for some games. However, I'm having major problems trying to get PCSX2 to work in Xubuntu.

I downloaded the binary and then my graphic plugin was not showing up. So, I download all the packages that are needed and now I'm getting a bunch of errors "Could Not Load GS Plugin", and the others would not load either when executing the program. Then it says that I can't load the directory, with part of the path cut off because I have a space in one of the folder names, I think. So, now I have a blank configuration screen with no plugins listed. So, now I try to find the plugins directory manually and then I get another error that I can't load the directory. But after that message appears, the plugins still load and everyone is there. I then load the BIOS directory with no problems. I then configure all the plugins and load the ISO file from the Linuz ISO CDVD.

When I try to run the game, PCSX2 crashes immediately with no error messages at all. Can anyone help me with this?

EDIT: Ok, I just moved the installation and all the error messages are gone. But it's still crashing as soon as I try to run a game.

Sponsored links

Could you be more specific. pcsx2 version, game name and plugin name. Also it's be cool if you could post console output.
The beta build of pcsx2 won't run on X/K/Ubuntu, unfortunately =/ You may try compiling it from the latest svn source, it will work then.

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...deForLinux Follow the "Cmake build system" instructions in order to compile the latest svn.
Athlon II x2 245 (@3.6Ghz), 6gb DDR3 1333, GeForce GTS250 2gb Ram, Linux Mint 12 32bit.
(06-29-2010, 06:29 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Could you be more specific. pcsx2 version, game name and plugin name. Also it's be cool if you could post console output.

I was using the Linux binary version PCSX2 0.9.6. Final Fantasy XII is the game I was trying to load with this version. There is no console at all. Unless the console appears once the game loads. The emulator crashes as soon as you try to run the game.

Quote:The beta build of pcsx2 won't run on X/K/Ubuntu, unfortunately =/ You may try compiling it from the latest svn source, it will work then.

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...deForLinux Follow the "Cmake build system" instructions in order to compile the latest svn.

I've been having nothing but problems trying to compile the source code using the Cmake instructions. Also, my desktop taskbars disappeared after making all these package updates and I had to solve the problem.

First of all, I installed all the dependencies listed. The only one that didn't install was libsparsehash-dev.

E: Couldn't find package libsparsehash-dev

Also, I'm having a great deal of other problems. I'm new at Linux and I'm not good at figuring out what I need to install or change in the source code so that it will compile. Here is a paste of the process along with all the errors. Here
I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 and having exactly the same problem.
I also run PCSX2 in Windows Vista. It works fine, just a little slow. Smile

But in Ubuntu, I'm having pretty much the same problem. So the first thing I tried was running it from the terminal, to see if there were any dependencies needed.
(I think that's what you wanted to know when you said console output, right?)

But, the program loads and so I go run, and it closes. So I check the terminal to see why, and there is one message.
'Killed'
doesn't say how or why, just 'Killed'.

I did try to compile it from source. but it just = MindFVck. And I'm not a stupid person XD

I can't seem to get the stable 0.9.6 version running either :/
Ubuntu users can always get the latest svn versions via the Ubuntu PCSX2 PPA:

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...deForLinux
Athlon II x2 245 (@3.6Ghz), 6gb DDR3 1333, GeForce GTS250 2gb Ram, Linux Mint 12 32bit.