PCSX2 Mac Updates

The developer of the Mac port of PCSX2, zedr0n, came back with a bang after some time of silence! He has released a new version of his 0.9.6 port of PCSX2 for Lion with some additional compatibility fixes. Here is what he had to say about it:

Quote:I'm releasing a slightly updated version of pcsx2 0.9.6 – it should crash less because of the audio plugin. 0.9.7 is proving very difficult so no update for now.

From this version onwards this becomes a regular .dmg bundle with pcsx2.app separated from the required libraries package – which is still included in the dmg by default.
You can get it from Downloads or direct link – pcsx2.dmg

The package has been cleaned so that all libraries reside in /usr/local/pcsx2 and can be removed easily. The Uninstaller.pkg included in the dmg will do that for you.

Latest version of XQuartz and CG framework still required.

In addition, he released an early 0.9.7 alpha port. This version should be considered unstable and pre-beta but you can give it a try. Here is what was posted about this:

Quote:And the day has come – I'm releasing a very early alpha version of 0.9.7 – it does play some games but you are advised to do a lot of save states.

I'm going to continue working on this so hopefully will get better as the time goes on.

You can grab it here: pcsx2 0.9.7.dmg

The installer includes another mandatory package – WXWidgets.pkg which should be installed after Libraries.pkg. Note that Uninstaller.pkg is going to delete the whole install but otherwise 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 coexist well.

You can get both files from our Mac Downloads section. Keep up the good work zedr0n Smile

[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

nice work Smile
In addition, he released an early 0.9.7 alpha port. This version should be considered unstable and pre-beta but you can give it a try. Here is what was posted about this:
LaughTongue

This thread is two years old? Also, most people use http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Testers-W...-OS-X-v1-0 now
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD