PCSX2: Maximize FF12
(08-03-2011, 02:06 AM)haxor Wrote: reason is: the thing that's bugging me here atmost still is probably the vif and vu chain/programs to speedup.

again, if you paid attention.. VU also was updated and at least partially rewritten, and is faster

Sponsored links

ok. I dunno. maybe I missed some of the updates on the svn. wasn't on it for a while before last week.

anyway. last week I checked my usual benchmarking games and the speed up wasn't there. it really went into and it's gets frustrating, seeing my machine idling @50% overall, running pcsx2 @40 fps EE100-Locked. even with 3x native oversampled graphics.

had to burst. so... forgive.

out
oh yea.. because a PS2 was meant to scale things like that.. do benchmarks at native you moron
call me moron? yeah. sure. I benchmarked the program and is FAILES REALLY BAD on MODERN (quad core usage) and ECONOMIC HARDWARE (150W overclocks for stupid performance requirements), but you only a translator, and actually don't know nothing about that.

and far from that you dunno of actual game engine mechanics. else you'd know that this is possible to run vertex program based games with basic texturing. this howto todo 3x scaled gs and still being vu-locked.

YOU DAMN RAT BEHIND YOU STUPID SCREEN. If I could I'd beat ya in tha face. Wink

***** off saiki.
Are you done with your childish attacks? When you are please try to understand emulating something is nothing like coding directly to a platform many things are inefficient not becuase they are flawed but becuase translation from one base archetecture to another can get really ugly. Especially when you are emulating multiple chips that have to stay in lock step. It doesn't matter if you can emulate the EE at 3x speed if a VU can only be emulated at 50% etc. Add in the intricacies of the hardware and design decisions for speed (non-IEEE complaint floats) and something that seems rather simple can become very complicated and inefficient in a hurry.
(08-03-2011, 12:08 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I don't think so.
A quadro 1000M is quite old and weak.
And a 2.2 Ghz CPU is weak too (at least for pcsx2)
Sadly, the best option is still to stick to your PS2 Sad

quadro 1000M is on par with GT550M, should be more than enough for high res pcsx2 on FFXII.
i have 310M which is way slower (2-3x) and it still enough to play FFXII on 2X scale

also that CPU is i7 sandy bridge, 2.2 at stock clock, but 3.3 max on turbo, should be enough for FFXII.
my laptop with older gen i5 (same stock clock with 2.5 turbo), can get 50-60 average on FFXII

@TS
be sure to use recommended speedhack. should be enough. use GSDX hardware mode, set scale and leave everything else at default

about missing texture, probably caused by quadro driver. try set everything to default on NVCP, or try geforce driver with modded inf for instalation.
*strange though, didn't notice any problem with games when i use quadro driver on my geforce (did not test on pcsx2)
[Image: 1921765.png]
(08-03-2011, 01:58 AM)nick.shooter Wrote: @Saiki Thanks for the helpful post, I'm working on utilizing it as we speak Laugh

I'm sorry for taking your thread out on a tangent, I don't take being attacked very well.

On topic..: If you need an further help with this game feel free to send a pm tome about it and I'll see what I can do

And for the record for anyone else who doubts my PC knowledge: I have hacked up builds of windows and linux to their maximum performance without the use of "tweeking" tools (except the ram unlocker I posted in a different thread), and I work on PCs all the time. I am as close to an IT professional as I can get without going to school. I am here to help you all, this is what I enjoy doing.