PCSX2: Maximize FF12
I just finished downloading the most recent pcsx2 yesterday, and I am not much of a computer whiz, so I need some help figuring out how to get FF12 to run as smoothly as possible. My laptop is a Thinkpad W520, and here are some specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
64-bit Operating System
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro 1000M

Ideally, I want to be able to run FF12 at twice the native resolution, but when I use any renderer other than the Software I get missing textures. When I use any renderer other than the Hardware at native resolution, the framerate drops by like 20 or 30 when I open the menu (triangle) or fight multiple enemies. I'll admit I don't know exactly what most of these terms mean, so I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

Sponsored links

try some speedhacks, run in native res
OR
get a better laptop. This one is just to weak for pcsx2, especially your GPU
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-02-2011, 11:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: try some speedhacks, run in native res
OR
get a better laptop. This one is just to weak for pcsx2, especially your GPU

But this is my brand new laptop... Are there external devices I can use to speed things up?
I don't think so.
A quadro 1000M is quite old and weak.
And a 2.2 Ghz CPU is weak too (at least for pcsx2)
Sadly, the best option is still to stick to your PS2 Sad
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-03-2011, 12:01 AM)nick.shooter Wrote: But this is my brand new laptop... Are there external devices I can use to speed things up?

I had the same problem with a $1200 laptop I bought last year. It was powerfull... for a laptop Sad Desktop computers are just playing in an other league. I don't even dream on playing with pcsx2 on my i7-720QM while I have full speed at six times the native resolution on my desktop. And it costed less than my laptop...

(if you want to find a comparison, go see the alienware laptops, they are powerful enough for pcsx2 I think, but they are quite expensive, and still miles away from a standard modern gaming desktop computer)
Intel i5-2500K Quad Core @ 3.30 Ghz
NVidia GTX 580 - 3Go RAM
4 Go DDR3 noname
Actually I have to say this was a very very bad purchase. All components on it are outdated and there are far more superior ones to replace them at the same or lower price (i3-i5 sandy bridge with some mobile nvidia (non quadro) )
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Okay, so my laptop sucks. I don't know too much about computers and I was on a budget. Still, ANY advice on how to get the program running somewhat efficiently would be appreciated.
lol. you're some mofos. this lap is not that bad. the cpu is a sandy and quite performant and the gpu should be more than enough for more or less moderate shading PC games.

it's just that pcsx2 is too ghz-hungry cause it doesn't manage to thread. in fact: two cores are dead bored.

@nick.shooter stick with PC games and use a real ps2 to play that til the coders have gotten back their pride and stop creating per game hacks and really work on something.
Quote:@nick.shooter stick with PC games and use a real ps2 to play that til the coders have gotten back their pride and stop creating per game hacks and really work on something.

Wow, you on your period? Maybe you haven't seen the recent rewrites to GIF, SPU2-X fixes or GSdx enhancements. Of course since you know that better, maybe find some 'pride' and do those improvements yourself...oh wait you can't do it because it's so damn complex and hard and no one pays you to do it. Yep, that's how it is for the PCSX2 (and almost all other emulators) coders. So keep the smart ass comments to yourself except if you have the skill to actually do what you ask of others yourself.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
don't wanna be an *****. I know all the guys do that as a hobby (so... don't come with the $$$ argument) and it's target is to keep pcsx2 compatible with every game. so... those rewrites are cool, but it doesn't help speeding up some of the demanding games to a enjoyable level running on actually usable PC hardware.

and f*ck that thing "you (I) should do it" cause... I try. but this f*cking code is really a nightmare to read if you (I) know only half as good how the machine really works. so... you the experts at pcsx2... and I request a common usable feature that the coders could (if willing to try) implement. Wink