PCSX2 Netplay?
Is there any chance of P2P multiplayer being supported some time in the future?

Sponsored links

There is a plugin for that already, altough it doesn't work fairly well yet.
(06-19-2012, 12:06 AM)RaTcHeT302 Wrote: There is a plugin for that already, altough it doesn't work fairly well yet.

A plugin for P2P multiplayer? Not just multiplayer on the official servers? Could you give me a name?
dpends on what you're calling "netplay"
if it's the emulation of the PS2's online feature, then yes, dev9 plugin exists even though it's far from being fullyfunctionnal.
if you're thinking about something that looks like the kaillera system, i don't think it's planned.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-19-2012, 12:12 AM)jesalvein Wrote: dpends on what you're calling "netplay"
if it's the emulation of the PS2's online feature, then yes, dev9 plugin exists even though it's far from being fullyfunctionnal.
if you're thinking about something that looks like the kaillera system, i don't think it's planned.

Well, I specified that I meant Peer 2 Peer, so yes, similar to Kaillera.
I read on a little and in this interview ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Interview-at-GoodGame-hr ) the following is said:

Quote:7.Do you think that you reached the limit in emulator development or are there more things to add in PCSX2?

There are tons of things that can still be added in PCSX2. Netplay and USB emulation are two things that come in mind which are in very early development stages. Of course compatibility and speed are still being improved daily in small (or sometimes big) steps.

Does this mean work is being done on P2P multiplayer (or something similar), or is it just referring to regular netplay on the official servers (are any of those even still up?)
I believe the only existing Dev9 plugin (AKA : The network adapter let you play on the internet on the original PS2) is MegaDev9, but it is not completed and I'm not even sure if it's developer, Luigi, is still doing work on it or not.

I wouldn't be too hopeful for networking on PCSX2. Even if it was made, I'm sure it'd be a headache to work with anyway. Wouldn't we need to setup servers dedicated to PCSX2 Dev9 use?
Netplay's planned (absolutely no ETA, don't ask), work hasn't actually been started. We really need to clean up the pad code a bit first.
So I'm guessing that MegaDev9 is dead in development.

That's what I figured after seeing that Luigi hasn't updated since 2009, saying that 2.0 is coming "soon", but it never did.
(06-19-2012, 05:31 AM)pseudonym Wrote: Netplay's planned (absolutely no ETA, don't ask), work hasn't actually been started. We really need to clean up the pad code a bit first.

Good to know. Thanks.
i have been using dev 9 gigahertz plugin but it runs to slow online and people thought i was a hacker and it was funny