PCSX2 Netplay (Post all discussions here)
Thanks for the guide Praful!
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

(01-26-2015, 07:08 PM)prafull Wrote: I have been waiting to try resurrected .hack //fragment from long time but didn't find the original game in any local store. I hope someone (preferably giga) takes a look at the bug you submitted soon.

In other news I tested Call of Duty 2 Big Red One today and LAN play works perfectly with the steps followed in my new guide but too bad that game got too many bugs in Hardware mode and runs really slowly to be enjoyable in Software mode.

Fully agreed. Though I'm going to try cod 2 on my ps2 some day to see if it runs any better, we should try connecting to each other if you ever wanted to test cod 2 again.
Question 
Hey there, Mr. ssakash sent me here. He said that I should discuss my problems regarding net play here.

I'm having problems with SOCOM Combined Assault (And the same in SOCOM 3). Everytime I try to create Network profile in the game a message pops up "hardware sce/ethernet is not supported or not connected".

I could create a profile in SOCOM 2, it worked there but in SOCOM CA and SOCOM 3 it's like the games don't recognize the DEV9 gigarazi plugin.

So does it mean that these two games can only be played online/LAN with Playstation 2 and are not supported with the PCSX2 ethernet plugin? Because I know they are possible to play via Xlink Kai with actual PS2. Smile

If it really is not supported now, will it be fixed in the future?

Thank you
They should work. It's recommended to set up your network profile with Gran Turismo 4 or else the Network Adapter Startup disc.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
By the way, I asked you this in the other thread, but are you using the Git build of PCSX2 or are you using 1.2.1?

There was an update a while back to GIT that improved adapter detection.
(02-02-2015, 08:48 PM)DeathFish Wrote: Hey there, Mr. ssakash sent me here. He said that I should discuss my problems regarding net play here.

I'm having problems with SOCOM Combined Assault (And the same in SOCOM 3). Everytime I try to create Network profile in the game a message pops up "hardware sce/ethernet is not supported or not connected".

I could create a profile in SOCOM 2, it worked there but in SOCOM CA and SOCOM 3 it's like the games don't recognize the DEV9 gigarazi plugin.

So does it mean that these two games can only be played online/LAN with Playstation 2 and are not supported with the PCSX2 ethernet plugin? Because I know they are possible to play via Xlink Kai with actual PS2. Smile

If it really is not supported now, will it be fixed in the future?

Thank you

I tried combined assault (pal version) today and it works great in lan mode. The game supports co-op play in missions so it's good fun with some friends. Another candidate for lan party. PM me if anyone is interested in playing this over hamachi.
Thank you, I tried the PAL version and it works. You said "over hamachi", does that mean that for LAN play I don't need Xlink Kai?

Does that mean that me and my friend only need the PCSX2 and hamachi to play all the missions (including the ones from the map packs) over LAN?

(02-03-2015, 09:54 AM)prafull Wrote: I tried combined assault (pal version) today and it works great in lan mode. The game supports co-op play in missions so it's good fun with some friends. Another candidate for lan party. PM me if anyone is interested in playing this over hamachi.
(02-03-2015, 10:46 PM)DeathFish Wrote: Thank you, I tried the PAL version and it works. You said "over hamachi", does that mean that for LAN play I don't need Xlink Kai?

Does that mean that me and my friend only need the PCSX2 and hamachi to play all the missions (including the ones from the map packs) over LAN?

Yeah, xlink isn't needed for LAN. Just set up Hamachi and have friends join your VPN. Just make sure you follow the guide and set your network settings up righ
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Great! Sounds like my childhood dreams will come true Biggrin !! I'll give it a shot then, thank you very much!

(02-03-2015, 10:52 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yeah, xlink isn't needed for LAN. Just set up Hamachi and have friends join your VPN. Just make sure you follow the guide and set your network settings up righ
Is it posible to play a game with only local coop with this method online? Sorry my english.