PCSX2 Netplay (Post all discussions here)
(02-18-2015, 11:36 PM)SnakeXIII Wrote: Unless that game has a way of linking two consoles together, it's not possible as far as I know.

I see, thanks for the information, the game i want to play (Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks) only has CO-OP with another player next to you, not real online in the real PS2 (I remember playing the SNES Mortal Kombat, online with its emulator, that of course isnt the same as PCSX2, but i got the idea of "local online" from there).

Sponsored links

(02-18-2015, 11:43 PM)Vicyouz Wrote: I see, thanks for the information, the game i want to play (Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks) only has CO-OP with another player next to you, not real online in the real PS2 (I remember playing the SNES Mortal Kombat, online with its emulator, that of course isnt the same as PCSX2, but i got the idea of "local online" from there).

Yeah, I understand. I figured that was how pcsx2 worked too, but realized they coded the plugin in a way that can actually make use of a game's online capabilities. Much better imo, but sometimes that other type of functionality would be great even though it's rocky at best for the other emulators that have the local online type of netplay.
Could be possible to play Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with this method?
Like.. PC1 is P1 and PC2 is P2, would that work? D:
(02-19-2015, 01:52 AM)Lunos Wrote: Could be possible to play Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with this method?
Like.. PC1 is P1 and PC2 is P2, would that work? D:

It only works with games that have LAN play.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I find the term "netplay" here a bit misleading, at least in the thoughtspace of emulators. Probably because most older consoles didn't have online capabilities, the term netplay has become synonymous with taking games such as Mario Party 1 - 9, which is local only, and allow people on different computers to each control one of the controllers.

Users on Dolphin's forums still confuse GameCube BBA, NWC and Netplay when trying to play games online. I don't know how close PCSX2 is to having any kind of determinism (and thus the possibility of netplay for local multiplayer games) but the terminology should be sorted out ahead of time so there's less confusion.
(02-17-2015, 01:28 PM)Bositman Wrote: Are you using the new dev9 plugin? It's included in the dev builds: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html

We were playing with the version "PCSX2 1.3.0 (3, July, 2014) Blyss Sarania" and only my friend has the described problem.
(02-19-2015, 05:28 PM)DeathFish Wrote: We were playing with the version "PCSX2 1.3.0 (3, July, 2014) Blyss Sarania" and only my friend has the described problem.

The fix was implemented later, so get the latest build as I said above.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-19-2015, 05:31 PM)Bositman Wrote: The fix was implemented later, so get the latest build as I said above.

Oh, okay, I'll let you know when we try it. Thank you Smile
We tried it today, it was only a test so we didn't actually play like we should and we only played the first map in SOCOM CA (twice). But so far it seems it's working!

I'll let you know when we start actually playing the game but I have a good feeling about it. Thank you once again Smile
Is this tutorial similar to this one shown on this thread? http://www.ehow.com/how_12185823_connect...ernet.html

Or is it different?