PCSX2 Nightly Crashes Every Time I Boot It Up
I was reorganizing my files and totally messed up my emulator. (Nightly 1.7.5817 on Windows 11)

I wanted to reorganize my files a bit and moved my ROM file to another folder. I then tried redirecting the file path for PCSX2 to search for the ROMs in the new folder. PCSX2 now crashes every time I start the app. The window will pop up for a moment and display Scanning directory [file path] (recursively) at the bottom and then the app closes.

I also received an error message saying:

The instruction at 0x00007FF90C519B6A referenced memory at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

I wanted to reinstall the app, but since there's no installation wizard for this version, I deleted all the app files and replaced them with a fresh download of files from the website. I also deleted my temporary files on Windows and restarted my computer. However, the app still crashes every time I open it. I don't care if I lose my save data (I didn't have much anyway). I just want to fix or reset the app. Can anyone help?

Sponsored links

did you have a look at what you have in documents\pcsx2 ?
maybe this needs to be cleaned up
are your gpu/igpu drivers up to date ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-17-2024, 11:54 PM)jesalvein Wrote: did you have a look at what you have in documents\pcsx2 ?
maybe this needs to be cleaned up
are your gpu/igpu drivers up to date ?

My drivers are up to date and I looked through my PCSX2 files and documents and didn't find anything that stuck out. I don't know what I'm looking for exactly.

Under docs I just have:
Debugger.pdf
debugger.txt
GameIndex.pdf
GPL.html
ThirdPartyLicenses.html
can you please write here what your drivers versions are ?
both for gpu and igpu
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-18-2024, 12:21 AM)jesalvein Wrote: can you please write here what your drivers versions are ?
both for gpu and igpu

Okay. I think I fixed it now! I had some backup files I replaced it with and now it works!

Thank you for your help, jesalvein. Smile