PCSX2 Nightly no longer supports disc swapping
Around half a year ago, I used to play DW3:XL which would require you to swap in the original disc to load its contents, then swap back in the DW3:XL disc to play the full game. Just went back to try and play it today and its broken. It can get past the first screen of asking you to put in the original disc, and it even loads its content but it becomes stuck on the screen asking you to put back in the expansion disc. This used to be a simple ordeal and I don't know what happened throughout all of these past updates to the Nightly build to break this feature.

Sponsored links

Hmm shouldn't be broken, if anything it should be working better than ever.

Do you know when it broke? Nobody else has reported disc swapping not working...
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I just tried it with Dynasty Warriors 5 XL and it works great, at least in ISO form.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=77549]

Are you running from ISO or disc?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-12-2023, 02:44 AM)refraction Wrote: Hmm shouldn't be broken, if anything it should be working better than ever.

Do you know when it broke? Nobody else has reported disc swapping not working...

Strange, I just tried the other 2 Xtreme Legends games (4 and 5) and the disc swapping to load the original content worked just fine. It seems to only not work for Dynasty Warriors 3 XL. The only way to get past the first screen is to press the "Remove disc" button THEN swap in Dynasty Warriors 3 because if you just swap the disc right away, which works in the other two games, it becomes stuck on that screen. The second screen is impossible to get past when being asked to put back in the 3 XL disc, as no matter what combination I tried, it would not work and would forever be stuck. I only just tried playing it yesterday, when I found out it doesn't work but I remember it working just fine in late 2022.

(07-12-2023, 02:44 AM)refraction Wrote: Hmm shouldn't be broken, if anything it should be working better than ever.

Strange, I just tried the other 2 Xtreme Legends games (4 and 5) and the disc swapping to load the original content worked just fine. It seems to only not work for Dynasty Warriors 3 XL. The only way to get past the first screen is to press the "Remove disc" button THEN swap in Dynasty Warriors 3 because if you just swap the disc right away, which works in the other two games, it becomes stuck on that screen. The second screen is impossible to get past when being asked to put back in the 3 XL disc, as no matter what combination I tried, it would not work and would forever be stuck. I only just tried playing it yesterday, when I found out it doesn't work but I remember it working just fine in late 2022.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Alright, I guess I'll have to try that one.