PCSX2 Noob
Hello everyone.
I am having a problem running the pcsx2 on my ubuntu. 
So I downloaded the "pcsx2-1.4.0-linux.tar.xz" file from the official website (I did not used the ppa because its missing SSE4 and AVX options),
and when Itry to run it I receive the following

/PCSX2: Symbol `_ZN12wxTextBuffer6ms_eofE' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
./PCSX2: Symbol `_ZN13wxStackWalker10ms_exepathE' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
*** Error in `./PCSX2': free(): invalid pointer: 0x08576dc8 ***
Aborted (core dumped)

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you in advance

Sponsored links

Why does the PPA miss those?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Not sure if your OS is 32 or 64 bit, but your best bet is to use the PPA. The missing AVX and SSE4 are not a big loss.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Why aren't they in there though?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Because I don't have N build on Cmake. Just one. However, the biggest impact of SSE/AVX is on the SW renderer. Maybe, we could make something to select it at run time.

Beside, you could just use PPA, and only grab the GSdx plugin (well in theory, not sure that it will work).
(03-18-2016, 11:56 AM)gregory Wrote: Because I don't have N build on Cmake. Just one. However, the biggest impact of SSE/AVX is on the SW renderer. Maybe, we could make something to select it at run time.

Beside, you could just use PPA, and only grab the GSdx plugin (well in theory, not sure that it will work).

Yeap, this worked. I installed the pcsx2 using ppa and then I copied the sse4 plugin(from the file that I downloaded) to the plugin directory of my system and it worked. One final question, my system specs are
cpu: Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM
gpu: Intel HD 4000  &  NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
ram: 8gb ddr3
No matter what gpu I choose as primary, when I use the hardware renderer I get about 2-6 FPS of gameplay. When I use the software I get 50-55 FPS.
Shouldn't the hardware be better then the software?

It depends on the game.

Are you sure that Nvidia driver is properly installed? Are accurate option enabled?
(03-18-2016, 04:31 PM)gregory Wrote: It depends on the game.

Are you sure that Nvidia driver is properly installed? Are accurate option enabled?
The game is TEKKEN 5.
To my understanding yes the driver is corrctly installed(I dont have any other problems).
What do you mean by that "Are accurate option enabled?"
Hum, disable depth emulation. (or use a git version)
Details of the improvement in git : http://pcsx2.net/274-jan-feb-2016-progress-report.html