PCSX2 P4 3.4ghz and C2D E6300
because RE4 in its PC version is optimized for a C2D.
again, it can't be compared to emulation, that's ridiculous.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Oh no, all test are with second core disabled, like i said before, 1 core C2D vs 1 core P4

Well, then, jesalvein, from what do you say, i can only think in two options

1) PCSX2 is optimized for P4
2) The P4 is fast, but all other software, exept PCSX2 are optimized for C2D (even with second core disabled)
It's not a matter of core number.
More a CPU architecture matter.
Pc games can take advantage of it too...
About your questions :
1) no. Pcsx2 uses raw cpu power
2) maybe, since those projects you're talking about are way older and devs probably took time to optimize them for newer cpus
Hi! thanks for all reply

After googling for a while, i end up downloading this version

Pcsx2.0.9.7-rev 2573

My good!!! what a big difference!! the videos in KUON, that in the latest version run at 34-44fps, now are 50fps all time!! (PAL)

in-game get a big speed boost too

Now i have a question, the SPU plugin SPU-X dont have the option "Async Mix" that are present in more new versions

Anyone knows a release of this plugin that have this option, that work in rev 2573?

Thanks!
Sorry, but support is only for 1.0.0.
No support for old versions.

That said, you could try using the latest plugins with an old rev, bu I won't guarantee it'll work since it wasn't made for that
save up for a new pc with a quadcore cpu and 4gb and you'll get full speed on most game.
Hi, thanks all for reply, i take some days to test more PCSX2, and finally i found the problem

It seem that GMA3000 latest drivers and P4 work like a charm in PCSX2 and every other emulator/game/etc..

But for some unknown reason, with the C2D is slow like hell ONLY with PCSX2 (other emulators and games run fine)

I made my custom drivers (i replace some files -dll,inf- from older GMA950 drivers) and now PCSX2 is amazing fast in the C2D 1.8ghz

All games i like, mostly survival horror, run perfect or almost (PAL)

KUON give me from 38-50+fps
Forbidden Siren 1 give me 42-50+fps
Forbidden Siren 2 give me 45-50+fps
Silent Hill 4 give me 36-50+fps
Project zero give me 40 -50+fps

Im soo happy!! i can play all games without problem

Like you say tuanming, now i know is working great, i will buy a Q6600 2.4ghz, for having a perfect 50fps on all games

Then my conclusions: GMA3000 & C2D users: DONĀ“T USE LATEST DRIVERS!! in Win7 32 use Sherry and in XP, use GMA950 ones or make ur own !

Is amazing how well optimized is PCSX2!! even on a old integrated GMA works great! i wanna say thanks to the programmers! please don't change that!

Thanks a lot!!