PCSX2 Problem
Hey World,I've been trying to get PCSX2 to work for a couple of weeks now,I use to be able to get it to work with Speed hacks at the time when i was running it on a 256mb Radeon HD graphics card.I recently upgraded my card to a 5770 Radeon HD 1gb Graphics Card.

Now the question is what am i doing wrong and what settings do i possibly need to set the emulator up to play the games at a decent FPS.Any help would be appreciated.

To help answer any upcoming questions that may be asked.

I'm using a Core 2 Quad 2.4 2.33ghz,4 gigs of Ram DDR2,Vista 64 Bit

Sponsored links

which games ? because 2.3 Ghz is a bit weak for pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-19-2011, 06:47 PM)jesalvein Wrote: which games ? because 2.3 Ghz is a bit weak for pcsx2

For a Core2Quad???

But any game like WWE Smackdown Vs Raw,Tekken,Dragonball Z Ten 1-3 and such.
Yes, and you are trying to run some the most demanding games and known as troblemakers Smile

It's not the emulator itself, the game is the main responsible for the machine requirements, much alike PC games themselves.

Emulation is much more demanding on CPU than GPU (video card) than PC games, PS2 graphics are not that great and the video card power is needed more for scaling purposes, most mainstream GPUs can run it fine in native resolution.

Some games (among them those you are trying to play) need top modern CPUs to run reasonably well, something like i5/i7 or Phenom 2 above 3.2 GHz clock.
Imagination is where we are truly real
2.3GHz is low. It doesn't matter if it's a dual or a quad, 2.3GHz is 2.3GHz. But a 2.3GHz on a Core i7 is a different story Wink A 2.3GHz Core i7 (Sandy Bridge) is like a 3GHz or more on the Core 2 CPU.
Well, once is not forgotten that performance shows up when the CPU enters turbo mode, otherwise what is seen is the infamous turbo bug of slugsheness Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
Q6600 2.4GHz and tekken 5 almost full speed (pretty much but bad sound) DBZ tenkaichi 1 2 3 full speed. Don't know about smackdown vs raw
(04-20-2011, 10:46 AM)orchlon Wrote: Q6600 2.4GHz and tekken 5 almost full speed (pretty much but bad sound) DBZ tenkaichi 1 2 3 full speed. Don't know about smackdown vs raw

What kind of speed are you talking about in Tekken 5? Are you using speed hacks? As for me, with no speed hacks I'm getting low and high 50's fps.
(04-20-2011, 11:06 AM)tuanming Wrote: What kind of speed are you talking about in Tekken 5? Are you using speed hacks? As for me, with no speed hacks I'm getting low and high 50's fps.

at least 55 fps but pcsx2 detects about 80 to 90fps. I ran the game side by side on a real ps2 to actually see if it was close to sull speed.
EDIT: about the speedhacks all speedhacks except the one that break tekken 5.
(04-20-2011, 11:17 AM)orchlon Wrote: at least 55 fps but pcsx2 detects about 80 to 90fps. I ran the game side by side on a real ps2 to actually see if it was close to sull speed.
EDIT: about the speedhacks all speedhacks except the one that break tekken 5.

I see. Your previous post made me think that you achieved a near full speed in Tekken 5 without using any speedhacks... Which I knew that it was not possible with a 2.4GHz. At that speed, your fps would be in the 30's and 40's. <---educated guess.