PCSX2 Problem, can someone help me, please?
No, Pentium D is a very slow dual core processor, it wont help at all (maybe for 2d rpgs) besides of the integrated graphic card... If that's the best you can come up with you're better off buying a new PC for PCSX2 but I dont think you want that, anyway sorry but it just wont do.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

well, I tell you what....... this emulator demands alot. It really suprises me to find out that the pcsx2 is the best ps2 emulator out there. You would think someone could come up with a better (less Power hungry) emulator. But all in all, i will still get this pentium D and judge it for myself. It has to be better than a amd athlon 3200+, i cant even get it to run with my current processor. Besides, my wife has a laptop that runs a intel dual core 2.0 ghz processor with 1 gb of memory and a mobile intel 4 series graphics and the emulator runs good. This Pentium D Dual Core 3.0 ghz hookup is quite a bit better. But IF the pentium D does fail to make me happy, than the motherboard can handle a pentium extreme quad core. i'll just have to buy one of those. Thanks for your help.

Mike
Intel Core i3 Cpu 530 @ 2.93 2.93 (Overclocked to 3.53)
Biostar TH55B HD Motherboard
5 Gigs DDR3 1333 Mhz
Nvidia Geforce GT220 - 1 gig DDR3
Windows 7 Ultimate
Problem is Pentium D is a very slow CPU, your 3GHz one will do about as good as a Core 2 Duo 1.6 or 1.8GHz, but you are right it will run the emulator and if you can deal with the speeds it will give it's perfectly fine.
(10-12-2009, 12:18 PM)imdaman6909 Wrote: It really suprises me to find out that the pcsx2 is the best ps2 emulator out there. You would think someone could come up with a better (less Power hungry) emulator.

Hah, I love those remarks.
So today is the day you've found out that emulators don't grow on trees?
Ha, y not, everything else seems to grow on trees in this world. With all these people on this planet, someone can come up with something. But anyway, i am just now starting to learn about these emulators.

Mike
5 Gigs DDR3 1333 Mhz
Windows 7 Ultimate
Start here:
http://cplus.about.com/od/introductionto...inners.htm

Learn about programming for a couple years, then come back and ***** about slow emulator speeds on your slow ass PC.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Shadow Lady, if you dont mind............what is the difference with your Pentium Dual-Core E2160 @2.75GHz and My Pentium D Processor 830 @3.0GHz?

I was just wondering because you have a dual-core with a lower clock speed than this Pentium D Dual-Core.

Thanks,
Mike
I bet KrazyTrumpeter05 wouldn't be rude and disrespectful to my "slow ass" face? People can talk crap over the internet all they want but when it really comes down to it, that same person would turn heal and run.
I'm just trying to understand these Emulators and just because I believe that this emulator demands to much, people think its a crime, its not, its my opinion, nothings wrong with that.
Dont get me wrong, the people who created this emulator, did some amazing stuff. I just wonder why it takes so much to run it compared to all the other emulators out there. It just makes me wonder what a PS2 really has in it that a computer has trouble with when it comes to speed and other hardware.
So, if you have something smart to say, please do it on a different Post, Thread, whatever.
5 Gigs DDR3 1333 Mhz
Windows 7 Ultimate
Yes, I would be just as blunt to your face, I know I can pretty much be a jackass sometimes. Here's a tissue, get over it.

It takes a lot of overhead because the PS2 handles stuff in ways completely alien to PC architecture. Even a 10 minute sampling of a search on the subject would make it quite obvious. Even more obvious is that old as dirt Pentium Ds are just slow slow slow.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(10-12-2009, 07:19 PM)imdaman6909 Wrote: Shadow Lady, if you dont mind............what is the difference with your Pentium Dual-Core E2160 @2.75GHz and My Pentium D Processor 830 @3.0GHz?

I was just wondering because you have a dual-core with a lower clock speed than this Pentium D Dual-Core.

Thanks,
Mike

The Pentium D is based on the old Pentium 4 CPU which was not really fast, mine is based on the Core 2 Duo which is much faster. The exact difference? I couldnt say really but the [email protected] is probably ~65% faster at the moment at least for PCSX2.

Quote:I'm just trying to understand these Emulators and just because I believe that this emulator demands to much, people think its a crime, its not, its my opinion, nothings wrong with that.

Check this thread (it was in the FAQ), maybe it'll help you understand but basically the idea of emulators is to replicate as close as possible what the console hardware does so another system in this case the computer can be seen as the actual console and run things like they would originally, now this isnt so easy as most things need a complete rewrite of the functions so they can be understood at all in the emulator which just slows down the process and specially the PS2 console being the complex machine it is isnt really a easy thing to do, plus the lack of documentation for the PS2, it's actually a marvel it works as it is Tongue

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2330.html
KrazyTrumpeter05 thanks for the tissue, it did a very good job with wiping my @$$. But here, you can have it back for something to munch on later.
The Jackass thing goes both ways in my book, but im more of an @$$hole.

Anyways, thanks for the info on the PS2 situation. I knew it was a process that is alien to PC's but i could'nt figure out why a PC had so many issue with this emulator due to all the hardware that could be installed into these things.

And on the Pentium D situation (your going to laugh at this), The Pentium D was what i was looking to buy so i could run this Emulator (cause we all know that the emulator is alot better than going out to buy (a WORKING) PS2 (Mine is JUNK, wont read cd's) The Emulator saves money on games and system, (here's the funny part) My current proccessor is a AMD Athlon XP 3200+.......The PCSX2 wont even wink at it. So if the Pentium D is old, Mine is dinosaur.
Shadow Lady your help is very welcomed. I did some research earlier and found that the Pentium D really does suck indeed, probably in all aspects with overclocking, power, speed, heat, etc
The research also indicated that Intel Core 2 Duo & Intel Pentium Dual Core is the best processor for those type's of things.

http://www.ialwayscapital.com/2009/07/di...uo-vs.html

So i will look into this processor for the pcsx2. If there are any disagreements with these 'Above Named' Intel Processors, please voice them.

Thanks,
Mike
5 Gigs DDR3 1333 Mhz
Windows 7 Ultimate