PCSX2 Questions.
I'm a PCSX2 noob... And wondering of a few things.
I know there's plugins, is this basically like add on's for increased performance/quality and what not? And should I have any plugins?

I'm also wondering why my game slows down? I have a Final Fantasy XII ISO, and it runs perfectly, almost, besides the random beeps every now and then, which is obviously a sound glitch, that doesn't bug me(sure it'd be nice to fix, so if you know how, please share), AND it slows down every now and then. I don't think its my computers specs? Any reason for this?

AMD Phenom II X4 Stock 3.2ghz
8GB 1600 RAM
Radeon 6850 GPU

EDIT: Looking at the recommended specs for PCSX2, I figure its my CPU making it run slow. Which I need to get around to OCing since I have a cooler for it.

Sponsored links

plugins are included in the base installation.
in fact, pcsx2 won't run games if you don't have plugins.

depending on how you configured pcsx2, your games may slow down.
use spu2-x as a sound plugin to get better results.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
spu2-x?
How do I install/download that?

Edit: Nevermind, simple google fixed that.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SPU2-X-v2
For as many people it says are on this forum, this place doesn't seem very active. /:
You say that like you didn't get your answer. ;P

The plugins that come with the given PCSX2 revision are usually optimal.

Speedhacks usually help with performance.
Overclocking will, as well.
(06-13-2012, 05:35 AM)Blkm0nk3y92 Wrote: I'm a PCSX2 noob... And wondering of a few things.
I know there's plugins, is this basically like add on's for increased performance/quality and what not? And should I have any plugins?

I'm also wondering why my game slows down? I have a Final Fantasy XII ISO, and it runs perfectly, almost, besides the random beeps every now and then, which is obviously a sound glitch, that doesn't bug me(sure it'd be nice to fix, so if you know how, please share), AND it slows down every now and then. I don't think its my computers specs? Any reason for this?

AMD Phenom II X4 Stock 3.2ghz
8GB 1600 RAM
Radeon 6850 GPU

EDIT: Looking at the recommended specs for PCSX2, I figure its my CPU making it run slow. Which I need to get around to OCing since I have a cooler for it.

Which version that you currently use? I recommend getting the latest 0.99 SVN (5294 or whatever might come next after I post this reply), since the emulation speed has been significantly improved especially if you have multi-core cpu(s). Under the speed hacks, there is an option called MTVU (located at the lower right) which you should enable.

As for me, I am still using 0.99 SVN 5226 because all the games that I want to play can be emulated pretty well. (For my case) I can only see marginal improvement for the games I want on newer SVN versions therefore I opted no to update. Plus the one that I'm using is very stable; never crash even once actually Smile

Which other games that you want to play besides FF-12? I have some games in my collection, perhaps if you tell me more in detail then perhaps I can share my configurations for different titles.
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB
(06-15-2012, 03:24 AM)Blkm0nk3y92 Wrote: For as many people it says are on this forum, this place doesn't seem very active. /:

People just go away after they got what they want...
active on what ?
you asked, I answered, you didn't ask again, but said, "well, this place doesn't seem active..."

If you don't ask, no one will answer, for sure... Tongue2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go