PCSX2 Running Very Slowly?
I recently downloaded PCSX2 and optimized my settings for what is recommended for low end PC's - To test it all out I downloaded a small PS2 Game called 'Home Run' and it still ran terribly, especially the sound.

I am using a Sony Vaio Laptop with Windows 7 and here are my specifications:

Processor: AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics 1.70 GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00GB (3.60GB usable)

System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I have read people that have successfully ran PCSX2 on extremely low end PC's, so what could I do to change this?

Sponsored links

it only has a single threaded performance of 450. sorry, your laptop can't play even the weaker demanding games like the FF series in a moderate fps.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-01-2015, 01:13 PM)ssakash Wrote: it only has a single threaded performance of 450. sorry, your laptop can't play even the weaker demanding games like the FF series in a moderate fps.

That's a shame, I guess I will have to buy a second hand PS2 - I have noticed that PS2 Games are really cheap these days. Despite that I thought I might as well try emulation first.
actually, you have to legally own a PS2 to use pcsx2. since, you need the bios of your PS2 to play games through Pcsx2.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Downloading PS2 isos are illegal.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD