PCSX2 Runs, Doesn't Launch Disc
I got PCSX2 1.0.0 today. I've used the program before and it worked fine, but was very slow on my outdated computer. I bought this new computer a while back and thought I would revisit the program.

When starting PCSX2 1.0.0 everything seems to work fine. I remember the tune that would normally play when a disc was already inserted into the console.

When I start, however, it takes me to the main screen where I can see three icons; my two memory cards I had set up for the PS2 and a disc. I was using an ISO file for Kingdom Hearts I, and also tried using an ISO file for Shadow of the Colossus; my two favourite games from the good ol' days.

When trying to select "PlayStation 2 DISC" from the menu it goes black as if it were loading something. Then shortly thereafter the menu reappears, and I can select the disc again. No matter how many times I select it, nothing changes.

I have tried messing with the surface of various plugins, not digging very deep.

All the console says is that it changes the FPS limit from PAL to NTSC and back a bunch of times, then recognizes my memory cards again.

I haven't seen other threads like this, so if anyone can link me to a solution thread that would be great.

Specs:

Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
1024MB GeForce GT 640 (nVidia)

Sponsored links

Use fast boot, not full boot.
Specs: Intel Pentium P5 @ 60 Mhz, 1 Gigabyte HDD, OS: DOS
(07-02-2013, 02:14 AM)ItsGreat Wrote: Use fast boot, not full boot.

I wonder why that would work like it does, but it worked.
The reason why fast boot is better then full boot is that there are some bugs in loading the game from the bios Smile (I think)
Specs: Intel Pentium P5 @ 60 Mhz, 1 Gigabyte HDD, OS: DOS
(07-02-2013, 03:51 AM)ItsGreat Wrote: The reason why fast boot is better then full boot is that there are some bugs in loading the game from the bios Smile (I think)

This may some kind of weird region lock.
By performing a fast boot, you somehow "bypass" it
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go