PCSX2 Segmentation Fault
Hello, I am a Linux user, ArchLinux x86_64bits.

I can get pcsx2 running and all but when I try to execute my dumped bios or a game I get this error:
Code:
_openfile /home/georgij/FINAL_FANTASY_12_PAL.ISO 0
detected blocksize = 2048
isoOpen: /home/georgij/FINAL_FANTASY_12_PAL.ISO ok
offset = 0
blockofs = 24
blocksize = 2048
blocks = 1976656
type = 2
ZeroGS: creating
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0". --THIS ERROR CAN BE IGNORED
ZeroGS: Only Singlebuffered Visual!
ZeroGS: glX-Version 1.3
/usr/bin/pcsx2: line 5:  8844 Segmentation fault      ./pcsx2 $*

My specifications are above average and it worked using PCSX2 in Windows Vista with my dumped bios.

Installed this from http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=21899
SVN Version

Thanks in advance I really hope you can help me get this working otherwise I need to change distro or change back to Windows unfortunality.
*RIP* 2paC

Sponsored links

My personal recommendation: Boot back into windows if you want to play games with pcsx2.
Stay with linux if you want trouble, bad performance, ***** graphics and poor sound.

Its your choice..
I have better performance in Linux so I really want to stick to it and I have been configuring linux for days to fit my best needs. So it would be a real shame to just have wasted that time for nothing and

I believe with my specifications PCSX2 won't run as bad as you said it will.
*RIP* 2paC
(04-10-2009, 02:46 PM)Georgij Wrote: I have better performance in Linux so I really want to stick to it and I have been configuring linux for days to fit my best needs. So it would be a real shame to just have wasted that time for nothing and I believe with my specifications PCSX2 won't run as bad as you said it will.

Funny answer.

I bet rama knows better pcsx2 linux build than you do.
This is what we call experience.

What about a dual boot ? Linux manages it well.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
In what way was my answer funny? xD
What I meant is that my performance for everything is faster in linux maybe not pcsx2 but I know it wont be as ***** as he make it sound.

I really want to avoid using dual boot isn't there another way?
Since I am downloading massive amount of Anime (Legaly, Freesubs) I have about 900gb of Anime and I don't want to waste my HD space on Windows Wacko
*RIP* 2paC
*bump*
*RIP* 2paC
Ignore them. Performance is not really issue, real trouble with Linux is VTLB, it's still buggied under Linux. You trouble with xlib should be resolved first (it's usual for Archlinux, as I hear). Than you should be certain, that proprietary video driveres is installed (without it pcsx2 is not usable). And after this run pcsx2 under gdb (and better compile it uself with debug target).
(04-10-2009, 03:33 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Ignore them. Performance is not really issue, real trouble with Linux is VTLB, it's still buggied under Linux. You trouble with xlib should be resolved first (it's usual for Archlinux, as I hear). Than you should be certain, that proprietary video driveres is installed (without it pcsx2 is not usable). And after this run pcsx2 under gdb (and better compile it uself with debug target).

Thanks for the reply I think the PKGBUILD compiles everything for you.
The xlib error is occuring due to me using dual screen and I am certain I have the correct Video Drivers installed.
*RIP* 2paC
Yeah, sorry I tend to bash linux so often.
The reason is that you guys are holding us back a lot.

We'd be a lot further with pcsx2 if it wasn't for linux and gcc especially.. :/
Yes, and made a ton of undiscovered bugs.

Georgij -- you console output show, that you crush in GS plugin. As normal output should be look like as:

MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
ZeroGS: creating zerogs
ZeroGS: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZeroGS: glX-Version 1.2
ZeroGS: Depth 24

The crush at this part have one meanings: videodrivers are not full DRI comliant. Either they are outdated or open-sourced, nor you videocard is ancient or weak. At second case Windows could not be any help.