PCSX2 Segmentation Fault
And remember, rama,you'd have one less coder on the project, so I doubt you'd be that much further in the project...

Sponsored links

(04-10-2009, 04:46 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Yes, and made a ton of undiscovered bugs.

Georgij -- you console output show, that you crush in GS plugin. As normal output should be look like as:

MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
ZeroGS: creating zerogs
ZeroGS: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZeroGS: glX-Version 1.2
ZeroGS: Depth 24

The crush at this part have one meanings: videodrivers are not full DRI comliant. Either they are outdated or open-sourced, nor you videocard is ancient or weak. At second case Windows could not be any help.
Thanks for your reply,
"Windows could not be any help" I used my bios on windows and it worked perfectly. I even bought a joystick that is a copy of ps2 controller and I played final fantasy X and Final Fantasy 12. I am 100% sure that this has nothing to do with my specifications rather that my pcsx2 may be badly configured but it configured itself by default.

For people who missed this on my first post:
PCSX2 WORKED PERFECTLY ALMOST LIKE REAL PS2 ON MY PC WHEN I USED WINDOWS!
*RIP* 2paC
did you compile PCSX2 yourself?
(04-10-2009, 05:38 PM)Saiki Wrote: did you compile PCSX2 yourself?
Yeah, the PKGBUILD "using makepkg" will compile all the plugins and everything for me and the pcsx2.
*RIP* 2paC
bump!!!
*RIP* 2paC
Build zeroGS with debug information and use gdb pcsx2 to obtain more precisely info about crush.
This forum isn't so busy that you need to bump your post every 30 minutes. This is a forum, not an IM service.
(04-10-2009, 05:21 PM)Georgij Wrote:
(04-10-2009, 04:46 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Yes, and made a ton of undiscovered bugs.

Georgij -- you console output show, that you crush in GS plugin. As normal output should be look like as:

MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
ZeroGS: creating zerogs
ZeroGS: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZeroGS: glX-Version 1.2
ZeroGS: Depth 24

The crush at this part have one meanings: videodrivers are not full DRI comliant. Either they are outdated or open-sourced, nor you videocard is ancient or weak. At second case Windows could not be any help.
Thanks for your reply,
"Windows could not be any help" I used my bios on windows and it worked perfectly. I even bought a joystick that is a copy of ps2 controller and I played final fantasy X and Final Fantasy 12. I am 100% sure that this has nothing to do with my specifications rather that my pcsx2 may be badly configured but it configured itself by default.

For people who missed this on my first post:
PCSX2 WORKED PERFECTLY ALMOST LIKE REAL PS2 ON MY PC WHEN I USED WINDOWS!

Wasn't it already stated that the emulator does not perform nearly as well on Linux as on Windows?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
I've heard that it's mostly due to the graphics plugin. Linux builds can't use GSDX since DirectX is pretty much Microsoft-only, and as of now GSDX is the best plugin.
Projects such as Wine may close that gap, but I've never tried it.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(04-10-2009, 05:21 PM)Georgij Wrote: PCSX2 WORKED PERFECTLY ALMOST LIKE REAL PS2 ON MY PC WHEN I USED WINDOWS!

I see no difference between Windows Vista and Ubuntu 8.10 on my computer as far as FPS. However, most games I run on Ubuntu experience graphic glitches so more than likely its related to the graphics plugin.