Poll: Do you prefer what you've seen sofar, over the current site?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
89.47%
34 89.47%
No
10.53%
4 10.53%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PCSX2 Site - Design Changes, Ideas, WIP!
(01-09-2011, 06:28 PM)abdo123 Wrote: hmmm so thats why well you just going to do something about it( if it that hard just change the theme )

I dont think you understand, it isnt just a skin plugin we've got, each time we want to change how the site looks, it requires a complete rewrite! shed loads of work has to go in to it, it isnt just swapping out some pictures/styles.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

nice design
It's about time! =] Out with the old, in with the new. I can't wait to see this! xD
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want new style :-D
I5 - 2320 @ 3,0 Ghz - 8 GbyteDDR2 1333 Mhz - Geforce 8800 GTS 512 Mbyte - Win 7x64 - Samsung 32" TV HD-Ready
Uomo saggio il cielo aiuta.
Just waiting forword for the next release!!!
Intel Dual Core E2160 [email protected]
Nvidia GeForce 9600GT DDR2 1Gb (Cooler Master Silenced)
Asus P5GC-MX1333 Motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 7600 Build 32-bit
2Gb or RAM DDR2
the color combination is just superb of this forum.
Implement a proper cheat system for Action Reply, Gameshark and Codebreaker alongside the Raw system. It doesn't even need to actually be a proper cheat system. It can simply be a system that acts as a skin over top of the RAW code system. Decrypting and entering Pnachs instead. But something to reduce the over-complication of the current system.

Oh and with regards to the new system. I've a complied version of the latest release and I have to say. This is nice. Finally Front Misson 4 works with no hiccups. It's a vast leap ahead, thats for sure.
(03-24-2011, 04:13 PM)Selvec Wrote: But something to reduce the over-complication of the current system.
Try finding cheats for other systems, incluing dolphin and say PCSX2 is hard.

There are MULTIPLE tools and tutorials to make this easier
(03-24-2011, 04:50 PM)Saiki Wrote: Try finding cheats for other systems, incluing dolphin and say PCSX2 is hard.

There are MULTIPLE tools and tutorials to make this easier

This is true. But, those tutorials are not written very well for newbies. I looked at pretty much every tutorial for cheating on this forum last night, and it still took me 4+ hours to finally get it. I'm not an average level user either. I've used similar systems before, had experience with several different coding languages, and done some memory editing and Database coding with Oracle SQL.

The fact that it took me 4+ hours should be a testament to the fact that the current system is too complicated. Just because Dolphin and other systems are more complicated, doesn't make PCSX2 any less so.

The main cool of UI design is to make things easy for newbies. A person shouldn't spend less then an hour learning the features needed to accomplish what they need. I'm being very gracious by saying an hour to, commercial products run on the idea that a user should be able to find what they want and do it within' 10 minutes. Even with previous knowledge required to use PCSX2, it's still quite a steep learning curve.

Given the target audience is gamers, it's not really up to par yet. Its a suggestion to be taken into consideration for future releases, before the inevitable final stable release. Finally, in regards to tutorials. Most of the tutorials assume to much about the reader. An above average computer user probably isn't going to be familiar with niche software such as whats used to convert Codebreaker codes to RAW. All the tutorials on this forum assume far to much about the reader. Its wise to write up tutorials like your viewer has NEVER used the software before, or done what you ask. To often I've found tutorials here missing simple things, such as, "Tick this checkbox" or "Type this in", simply because the writer assumed it would be obvious. Its not, and in often cases, even the most experienced computer user can forget about something obvious.

Before you can say "We have tutorials on the forum, read them.", the current tutorials need a massive rewriting to cover everything required, step by step. With Screen shots. Because the reader is an idiot.
(03-25-2011, 11:11 AM)Selvec Wrote: The fact that it took me 4+ hours should be a testament to the fact that the current system is too complicated.
If it took you 4 hours with my tutorial and a correct verison of PCSX2 (basically anything that ISN'T the new beta) then you just suck at finding codes. rethink your stategy. even with complete unknowns it doesn't take me more than 20 minutes of actual gamplay to find what I'm lookign for, on a slow day..