PCSX2 Slower Than Usual
My Rig
- GeForce GTX 1070
- Intel Core i5-2400
- 8 GB RAM
- Windows 10

Although I've had issues with PCSX2 before in certain parts of the game (Death By Degrees), now, the game falls to 80% throughout. Even if I put the lowest settings.
Normally the game ran just fine, issues arose when there were many onscreen enemies at a time. Now, even with just 3 enemies the games falls to 80%. Every time you kill an enemy, the percentage rises to 90% until you finish them all. Going free-cam mode (where you can look around the area) makes it slow down too.

I've never had these issues at these stages. I have nothing running in the background. I quit malware bytes too. Is my PC dying or something? 

Sponsored links

Sounds like your CPU is struggling a bit when lots of enemies are onscreen. Are you using the MTVU speedhack? if not, that might be enough to solve it
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-27-2019, 10:25 PM)refraction Wrote: Sounds like your CPU is struggling a bit when lots of enemies are onscreen.  Are you using the MTVU speedhack? if not, that might be enough to solve it

Thanks so much for recommending me this, it's working fine again so far. Hopefully it stays good.