PCSX2 + Steam, controller not working
I'm fresh around these parts but I've been using the PCSX2 emulator for a few months now and worked my way around a few issues before. The problem I'm having currently is that I've added PCSX2 to my steam library as a non-steam game but, when I launch it through steam, my controller doesn't seem to work during the game. I've so far done the following things:

- Moved PCSX2 out of Program Files and into my documents. The problem persists.
- Employed --fullscreen and --nogui as launch options. Have done and undone this multiple times.
- Tried messing with Steam's Big Picture controller settings.

I've also looked into installing some things such as something called ICE and SRM manager, but I'm thinking those might not be what I'm looking for in terms of a solution to this issue. The controller in question is a Saitek Cyborg Rumblepad P3600. I'm hoping one of you guys is able to lend me a hand with this.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention I did some google searching but all the results I've found thus far talk about issues getting a Steam Controller to work with PCSX2, not a non-steam controller having issues working with PCSX2 when launched through steam.

Sponsored links

(04-12-2018, 04:50 AM)Drakkar Wrote: I'm fresh around these parts but I've been using the PCSX2 emulator for a few months now and worked my way around a few issues before. The problem I'm having currently is that I've added PCSX2 to my steam library as a non-steam game but, when I launch it through steam, my controller doesn't seem to work during the game. I've so far done the following things:

- Moved PCSX2 out of Program Files and into my documents. The problem persists.
- Employed --fullscreen and --nogui as launch options. Have done and undone this multiple times.
- Tried messing with Steam's Big Picture controller settings.

I've also looked into installing some things such as something called ICE and SRM manager, but I'm thinking those might not be what I'm looking for in terms of a solution to this issue. The controller in question is a Saitek Cyborg Rumblepad P3600. I'm hoping one of you guys is able to lend me a hand with this.

are you setting a controller config? sorry if that seems like a dumb question.
(04-12-2018, 06:32 AM)weirdbeardgame Wrote: are you setting a controller config? sorry if that seems like a dumb question.

No. The controller is already set up and everything, and works just fine when I launch the emulator outside of steam. The problem is, when I try to launch it from my steam library, the controller doesn't work in the emulator.
(04-12-2018, 06:35 AM)Drakkar Wrote: No. The controller is already set up and everything, and works just fine when I launch the emulator outside of steam. The problem is, when I try to launch it from my steam library, the controller doesn't work in the emulator.

in steam you have to map each game to the controller IE. right click on the pcsx 2 icon in the desktop client, or in big picture click on pcsx 2 and look for edit steam controller config and set it to template gamepad it now works in steam / pcsx2. if you've already done all of that, then does it work when a game is running?
(04-12-2018, 07:01 AM)weirdbeardgame Wrote: in steam you have to map each game to the controller IE. right click on the pcsx 2 icon in the desktop client, or in big picture click on pcsx 2 and look for edit steam controller config and set it to template gamepad it now works in steam / pcsx2. if you've already done all of that, then does it work when a game is running?

I will test tomorrow morning and get back to you on that.
(04-12-2018, 07:01 AM)weirdbeardgame Wrote: -snip-

I decided to check the steam controller settings for the game on Big Picture before I headed off for the night and set Steam's controller config to forced off and disabled its rumble thing and bam, it works now. It works in and out of big picture mode.

Thank you a lot!
(04-12-2018, 08:32 AM)Drakkar Wrote: I decided to check the steam controller settings for the game on Big Picture before I headed off for the night and set Steam's controller config to forced off and disabled its rumble thing and bam, it works now. It works in and out of big picture mode.

Thank you a lot!

wait no i wasn't saying turn steam off, I was saying that if you want steam to make it work. then you have to select a controller template for pcsx2 in steam.
You have to use the Pokopom xInput pad plugin!
The lilypad doesn't work for me, but that one works flawlessly without having to set anything! (except the controller configuration through steam, but as I've read you already did that)