PCSX2 Thinks my USA BIOS is a Japan BIOS
You could also consider using the dumper i've attached, itll make a p2b file which is actually just a 7zip, extract your files from it using 7zip and rename the files so they don't have the CRC's in them, that should work fine (this is how i did mine)

Attached Files
.zip   PS2dumperV2.zip (Size: 94,35 KB / Downloads: 393)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Figured I could add on here since my issue is pretty much the same except I'm dumping a 77001.

I did redump 3 times with the "Mass" dumper and each time I ended up with PCSX2 saying it was a japanese bios.

Each dump ended up with files:

SCPH-77001_BIOS_VX_USA_220.BIN
SCPH-77001_BIOS_VX_USA_220.EROM
SCPH-77001_BIOS_VX_USA_220.NVM
SCPH-77001_BIOS_VX_USA_220.ROM1
SCPH-77001_BIOS_VX_USA_220.ROM2

With that said, I did download the ps2dumper that you attached, Refraction. Oddly while it doesn't crash it doesn't seem to write to my external HDD while the "Mass" dumper does.

Now I'm thinking it's because I'm using an external and not a Flash drive to run the program causing it not to write but just to be sure, does the dump write to a mem card or is it supposed to write to where it was launched?
[Image: c9hit5-2.png]
It's possible it writes to where it was launched from. I think i ran it from USB stick using the USB Launcher in SwapMagic.

(02-23-2014, 02:06 AM)refraction Wrote: It's possible it writes to where it was launched from. I think i ran it from USB stick using the USB Launcher in SwapMagic.

I tried the dumper that you linked me. I didn't find any dumped files. It said it was done dumping but I found nothing on either my memory cards or my flash drive. Oh, and previously I said I would report results about my re-dumping using "DUMPBIOS-MASS.ELF."

I re-dumped my BIOS many times and it consistently generated a Japan BIOS, according to PCSX2 anyway. I noticed that "DUMPBIOS-MASS.ELF" appears to be PAL because of the immense TV flickering during the dumping process. Could the potential of being PAL have anything to do with how it recognizes the BIOS?

I don't know if this is worth mentioning, but I will anyway:

I soft-modded my PS2 with free MC Boot [Version 1.8] with a standard 8MB PS2 MagicGate Memory card.
CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 x4 @ 3.6 GHz (OC)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE 78LMT-S2P
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti
RAM: 12 GB DDR3
That shouldn't make a difference (i don't think anyway) I wish i could remember what it dumped to. I don't think it went on the memorycard because there wouldn't be enough space, im pretty sure it dumped to the USB stick, unless it did some freaky over lan dump (as i do have the network adapter) but i dont remember that.

Edit: Ah yes it was! Sort of. You have to run that dumper with either Naplink or XLink over LAN connection to the PS2 (so you have to be running a burned disc of PS2Link to connect) then it dumps it over the LAN.

Update: I tried using a USB flash drive and launching it with both Swapmagic and uLaunchElf (via FreeMcBoot) to no avail. I also redownloaded the file as well as tried the one in the tools section. The tools section's ps2dumper crashes me and this one doesn't seem to dump even when saying it has. (At least for my PS2)

Hopefully Dark, you have better luck than I do.

The bios doesn't seem to have any effect on the games I'm currently playing so it's not a huge deal for me at the moment but I still think this is interesting to note.

I don't know if it'll help but my PS2 is a silver model: SCPH-77001
Date code: 7A
NTSC U/C

Edit: Ahhhh. I don't have a setup for LAN (PC too far from TV, etc etc) so that's a non-option for me. But I do appreciate the help, Refraction.
[Image: c9hit5-2.png]
Yeah i updated my post above.

i recommend you use this version

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-BIOS-Dumper-v2-0-ISO

That will save the files to mass storage. Of course as you're using FMCB, don't forget to ESR patch it Wink

(02-23-2014, 02:56 AM)refraction Wrote: Yeah i updated my post above.

i recommend you use this version

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-BIOS-Dumper-v2-0-ISO

That will save the files to mass storage. Of course as you're using FMCB, don't forget to ESR patch it Wink

I will see if I have any blank DVD-R/RW discs lying around somewhere.
If for some reason I still can't get a USA BIOS to boot on PCSX2 then I will just accept the Japan BIOS. It is still in English except that the X and O buttons have swapped functionality.

I wonder why there is an issue dumping my BIOS properly. Could PCSX2 just have an issue with the file and there being a possibility that there is nothing wrong with the file? Anyway, I will try to figure this out.
I don't think so. the BIOS files have a standard structure and English BIOS's should default to being in English, not Japanese, this is why I'm very confused.

can you show us an emulog.txt from after you run the BIOS, just to rule anything out?

(02-23-2014, 03:40 AM)refraction Wrote: I don't think so. the BIOS files have a standard structure and English BIOS's should default to being in English, not Japanese, this is why I'm very confused.

can you show us an emulog.txt from after you run the BIOS, just to rule anything out?

This is the log that was generated after I booted PCSX2 to the BIOS screen.

Attached Files
.zip   Log.zip (Size: 1,37 KB / Downloads: 168)