PCSX2 Tips for running faster
Yes, I have already read other threads. I can honestly say that I am not extremely great with computers. I have a Dell Latitude 5490, and from what I learned this week, I only have an integrated GPU (620 UHD I believe?). Anyways, I followed all the processes to get my ps2 games onto the emulator, and although this was a challenge for me, it worked. The first game I ran was Smackdown vs. Raw 2007, and it runs pretty smoothly. Got my ps4 controller connected and everything. I also have been running Project 64 to play Super Mario 64. This game runs with no problem as well.

I ran into a problem, however, when I tried playing NCAA Basketball 09. The game consistently runs at 50-60% game speed. I have tried several things that have been suggested to try to get it to run better, but nothing has worked. Can someone help a computer illiterate person like me out? If my laptop is just too trash to do things like this, let me know. I didn't imagine a basketball game would be much more hard to run than smackdown vs. raw, but that appears to be the case.

Sponsored links

Have you check the games Compatibility List ?
(02-28-2020, 09:33 PM)Kentucky2020 Wrote: I didn't imagine a basketball game would be much more hard to run than smackdown vs. raw, but that appears to be the case.

It depends on the game engine
Some games are cpu heavy,other gpu and other both.
If you are getting slowdowns,it is most likely because of your gpu(the cpu is good enough for almost all games but that gpu is slowing things down big time)

Valkyrie Profile 2 - first town

6700HQ limited to 2.5Ghz + Intel HD530 = 35fps
6700HQ limited to 800Mhz + Intel HD530 = 22fps - just 13fps drop

6700HQ limited to 2.5Ghz + GTX 1060 = 90fps
6700HQ limited to 800Mhz + GTX 1060 = 33fps - massive frame drop because the cpu is not fast enough and keep up with the gpu but it's still better than with the intel card