PCSX2 Transfer of Files - And of Emulator Itself - GS Plugin File Not Found
Hey there. I've google-searched my problem thoroughly and I am very-much aware that my question's been asked before - but I truly for the past hour haven't been able to make heads or tails of it, so thank you for sticking with me.

I wanted to put my emulator on an external hard drive so that I could use it on other computers. I did nothing but copy the files (the emulator itself and the plugins and the bios) over to this external hard drive.

This is what it looks like on my external hard drive.
http://gyazo.com/b5e49d34f8b85a8956d251b69b468159.png

I have a file to keep my ISOs, the Pluggins folder, as well as a 'PCSX2 Files' folder with the bios in it. I'm capable of running it on my own computer. However, when I run it on other computers, I get the 'Configured GS plugin file was not found' after it goes to the 'PCSX2 First Time Configuration' installer-type thing.

This is what the pluggins box looks like.
http://gyazo.com/7b66ba76140830c03d8b6954361b2ea7.png

For some reason, on other computers only the 2-5th options are available. Why is that, and which should I use (I anticipate the answer being SSE2)?

Sponsored links

(02-02-2014, 12:15 AM)Factor99 Wrote: Hey there. I've google-searched my problem thoroughly and I am very-much aware that my question's been asked before - but I truly for the past hour haven't been able to make heads or tails of it, so thank you for sticking with me.

I wanted to put my emulator on an external hard drive so that I could use it on other computers. I did nothing but copy the files (the emulator itself and the plugins and the bios) over to this external hard drive.

This is what it looks like on my external hard drive.
http://gyazo.com/b5e49d34f8b85a8956d251b69b468159.png

I have a file to keep my ISOs, the Pluggins folder, as well as a 'PCSX2 Files' folder with the bios in it. I'm capable of running it on my own computer. However, when I run it on other computers, I get the 'Configured GS plugin file was not found' after it goes to the 'PCSX2 First Time Configuration' installer-type thing.

This is what the pluggins box looks like.
http://gyazo.com/7b66ba76140830c03d8b6954361b2ea7.png

For some reason, on other computers only the 2-5th options are available. Why is that, and which should I use (I anticipate the answer being SSE2)?

Make sure you copy the Pcsx2 folder in your "documents" folder to the documents folder on the other pc.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
What CPU do you have and what operating system? If you're on Windows 7 are you running SP1?

in regards to the plugin not found message just resave your settings, the ini file has a complete path in it, so that will be different now, resaving should fix it. You might need to make a file called "portable.ini" in your PCSX2 folder if that still doesnt work.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

you have to put an empty textfile into your directory. Than rename it to portable.ini . Be sure you kill the old .txt ending.
(02-02-2014, 12:21 AM)Donovan24 Wrote: Make sure you copy the Pcsx2 folder in your "documents" folder to the documents folder on the other pc.

I have already done this. Within that folder there are six folders (bios, inis, logs, memcards, snaps, sstates). Does that appear correct to you?

(02-02-2014, 12:21 AM)refraction Wrote: What CPU do you have and what operating system? If you're on Windows 7 are you running SP1?

in regards to the plugin not found message just resave your settings, the ini file has a complete path in it, so that will be different now, resaving should fix it. You might need to make a file called "portable.ini" in your PCSX2 folder if that still doesnt work.

I am running Windows 7 Professional. What do you mean 'SP1'? Please forgive me, but this is all Greek to me!

How do I 'resave' my settings? I will try the portable.ini fix as well at get back to you!

(02-02-2014, 12:22 AM)willkuer Wrote: you have to put an empty textfile into your directory. Than rename it to portable.ini . Be sure you kill the old .txt ending.

As above, I will test this! I just put a blank text file in the PCSX2 folder in 'my documents'. It is called 'portable.ini' with no .txt. ending.
No dice.

I should mention that on the new computer I'm trying to play it on, I keep getting brought to the 'First-Time Configuration' thing and I'm also told that I need to update my directx libraries. Updating the libraries, however, is impossible, since it is a computer that I cannot get the authority to execute the file. I could get it from my old computer - but if so, where should I put that mess of files?

Yeah... I suppose that's what it means when the error message says 'Reason: the plugin reports that your hardware or software/drivers are not supported'.
(02-02-2014, 12:32 AM)Factor99 Wrote: I am running Windows 7 Professional. What do you mean 'SP1'? Please forgive me, but this is all Greek to me!

Service Pack 1, AVX will not work properly without it, which will be why you cant select the first plugin.

(02-02-2014, 12:48 AM)refraction Wrote: Service Pack 1, AVX will not work properly without it, which will be why you cant select the first plugin.

Yeah, I just checked. I am running service pack 1.
What CPU do you have?

(02-02-2014, 12:55 AM)refraction Wrote: What CPU do you have?

Windows 7 Professional
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400, 3.00GHz
4.00GM RAM
64-bit

(You can tell I'm almost entirely a computer illiterate)