PCSX2 - Ubuntu 16.04 x64 - 4 pads?
Hello everybody,

I'm using PCSX2 from RetroPie packages under Ubuntu 16.04 LTS x64. All work fine. But... I would like to play with 4 pads in the same time. I'm using Xbox One controllers.
All 4 are recognized on Ubuntu but only 2 can be used in the same time with "libOnePad" plugin.

I tried PCSX2 on Windows with Lilypad plugin (just to test), and by enabling Multitap 1 (or Multitap 2), I can bind 4 pads and all works fine with PS2 games. I would like to have the same under Ubuntu. But, on Linux, the libLilyPad plugin has no GUI. (I read Gregory never finished his port).

So many questions:
1. Cause libLilyPad plugin has no GUI, is there a way to configure it to get 4 pads working in the same time? If yes, how to do? I can't find any explanations.
2. Otherwise, can I get 4 pads running with libOnePad plugin? if yes, how to do?
3. To finish, is there another way, another plugin which support 4 controllers?

Here some informations:
- I read many thread asking almost the same thing but there were not really solutions which work. Or I didn't understand how to do and threads are a bit old. So, maybe, now it's possible...
- I try to get informations on RetroPie forums too, but there are no much guys who use PCSX2 in Retropie.
- I'm really a big noob in Linux Laugh

Anyway, thank you in advance for any help
Best regards
Kasi

Sponsored links

Yes, lilypad isn't in good state for Linux. It would be rather hard to decipher option coding to do it manually in the ini.

Onepad doesn't support yet 4 pads, I don't think it would be too complicated to add it (most of multipad support should be here already). Someone opened a PR, but it doesn't work yet and I didn't get any news. Unfortunately I'm rather busy with real life so I can't help.
(02-09-2018, 12:36 PM)gregory Wrote: Yes, lilypad isn't in good state for Linux. It would be rather hard to decipher option coding to do it manually in the ini.

Onepad doesn't support yet 4 pads, I don't think it would be too complicated to add it (most of multipad support should be here already). Someone opened a PR, but it doesn't work yet and I didn't get any news. Unfortunately I'm rather busy with real life so I can't help.

ok. Thank you for your fast reply.
So i can configure Lilypad by editing .ini file?
My questions are:
1. Where can i find the .ini file for Lilypad? In which folder I mean.
2. Can i just copy/paste lines in Lilypad's ini file from Windows to Ubuntu one?

TIA
Regards
The ini is in the same folder but unfortunately it won't be compatible with Windows.

I'm afraid the only solution is to wait a working onepad implementation.
(02-09-2018, 03:25 PM)gregory Wrote: The ini is in the same folder but unfortunately it won't be compatible with Windows.

I'm afraid the only solution is to wait a working onepad implementation.

Ehm. Ok. I wanted to play with my children during French holidays. Well, I think it will not be possible. Sad
Or maybe do you have a ini file sample I can use?
Thank you again for your reply