PCSX2 Very Slow
NFS games are very demanding, and even that nice laptop won't run the most heavy emulation PCSX2 can see. That's right; it's quite nice for a laptop, but even "quite nice" isn't always enough.

NFS aside, your PC should be able to run FFX mostly at 60fps with relative ease (even without Speedhacks). One thing that could explain this:

(01-06-2012, 03:37 PM)scuzy Wrote: ATI Radeon HD 6770M 1gb GDDR5 / Intel HD Graphics 3000 (BTW I was using the ati graphics card but i don't think that the ati was rendering the games)

If your laptop makes the wrong choice to use the IGP for PCSX2, you will see crappy FPS. It is possible to force the use of your dedicated GPU with nVidia's software, and you may want to look into it.

(01-06-2012, 03:43 PM)recoder Wrote: Its a Laptop? then it will run slow.

Foolish mortal... Tongue

Sponsored links

(01-06-2012, 06:20 PM)Rezard Wrote: NFS games are very demanding, and even that nice laptop won't run the most heavy emulation PCSX2 can see. That's right; it's quite nice for a laptop, but even "quite nice" isn't always enough.

NFS aside, your PC should be able to run FFX mostly at 60fps with relative ease (even without Speedhacks). One thing that could explain this:

If your laptop makes the wrong choice to use the IGP for PCSX2, you will see crappy FPS. It is possible to force the use of your dedicated GPU with nVidia's software, and you may want to look into it.

I guess that's what's happening is it possible to give me the nvidia's software to force the use of the gpu ?
Open the "NVIDIA Control Panel" from your start menu.
On the lefthand side, under "Select a task...", open the "3D Settings" tree, and select "Manage 3D Settings".

Now on the righthand panel, click the "Program Settings" tab.
  • Select a program... click "Add", navigate to your PCSX2 directory and select "pcsx2.exe".
  • Select the preferred graphics... choose "High-performance NVIDIA processor".
  • (VERY IMPORTANT) Click "Apply" in the bottom right.
There was also a way to choose on the fly using the context menu, but I don't remember exactly how that worked (Squall Leonhart posted about it on here once.)

EDIT: For AMD Radeon 6000M series:

Quote:"The goal is again to provide a user-transparent transition between one or other of the parties graphics. In fact, it is the Catalyst drivers that integrate Profiles application (including games) while indicating if the laptop is running on integrated graphics processor or dedicated graphics card. The user can also modify the list of application in the pilot if he wishes."

However, manufacturers can take advantage of not providing automatic failover between the two parties but to offer a graphic manual switch. In addition, it should be possible to force the user to operate on the integrated graphics or dedicated graphics card, thanks to future pilots.

Reference link
(01-06-2012, 06:32 PM)Rezard Wrote: Open the "NVIDIA Control Panel" from your start menu.
On the lefthand side, under "Select a task...", open the "3D Settings" tree, and select "Manage 3D Settings".

Now on the righthand panel, click the "Program Settings" tab.
  • Select a program...", click "Add", navigate to your PCSX2 directory and select "pcsx2.exe".
  • Select the preferred graphics...", choose "High-performance NVIDIA processor".
  • (VERY IMPORTANT) Click "Apply" in the bottom right.
There was also a way to choose on the fly using the context menu, but I don't remember exactly how that worked (Squall Leonhart posted about it on here once.)

Well i thought you were talking about some software i could install to give me the choice of selecting the gpu card for the apps, i have an ati card and in my CCC i have selected the ati card :s
Sorry, my mind got nVidia's Optimus stuck in there between posts, and I forgot your's is ATI. lol

So your dedicated card is being used.
Have you set your Power Plan to "High Performance" already?
What PCSX2 settings have you changed from the default? (screenshots would be nice)

BTW - We are trying at FFX now, right?
(01-06-2012, 06:43 PM)Rezard Wrote: Sorry, my mind got nVidia's Optimus stuck in there between posts, and I forgot your's is ATI. lol

So your dedicated card is being used.
Have you set your Power Plan to "High Performance" already?
What PCSX2 settings have you changed from the default? (screenshots would be nice)

BTW - We are trying at FFX now, right?

Yes my power plan is set to high performance, and FFX.

Sorry but i have the emulator in portuguese don't know where to change to english, but the options are displayed the same way.
Don't have any speedhacks enabled..

[Image: 79585881.th.jpg]
[Image: 54843130.th.jpg]
[Image: 18667496.th.jpg]
[Image: wgsa.th.jpg]
[Image: plugin.th.jpg]
The GS tab has synced MTGS activated for some reason.
It says clearly that it's *slow*.

Also disable VSync in the next tab.
Also try DX10 hardware rendering in GSdx (could be named DX11) too.
Well there is your problem...GS settings why did you check the Synchronized MTGS option? It clearly states it is VERY slow and should only be on for debugging.
Edit: Damn you rama Sad
[Image: newsig.jpg]
If your system's default is Portuguese, and you left it on "System default" at the initial PCSX2 wizard/config...

I'm not sure of any way to change the language, other than in the PCSX2_ui.ini in your "inis" folder. I think you can just change the LanguageCode to English (it's like the 8th line from the top).

Have you changed the GS plugin to the SSE4 one?
You should also use Direct3D11 (hardware) instead of 9.
Also, you shouldn't necessarily need to allow 8-bit textures at this point...
Disable the "Use SynchronizedMTGS" option in the Emulation Settings.
You should disable the Vsync options, too.

Where is the FPS at with FFX by now? Any better?
If not-- What are the EE% and GS% saying when it's slow? (they are in the titlebar of the game's window).
Yeah i tried and now its running very smooth 50 fps locked but didn't get to any fights yet.

well since nfsu2 is a problem for everybody i'll try god of war 2 just to see if my pc can handle heavy games Tongue

hum playing ffx the EE is at 69% 70% but my Cpu load is 9% 10% is that normal ?